ACTIVE PSDM 23-54: 2024 Active Duty Flying Training Board

Recaged

1 hour ago, O Face said:

Holy shit!  You’re right!!  My bad. Have fun planning next year’s Christmas party. I hope that gets you the leadership opportunities necessary for a pilot slot. I was just offering some free advice to someone who just got kicked in the nuts and gets to wait around another year for an AD pilot slot, from a guy who has experience in both AD/ANG, and can unequivocally tell you (along with everyone else), that you might want to spend this next year applying to Guard and Res units too. Nevermind, I’m sure you’ll figure it out on your own. 

Guess getting kicked in the nuts is a “lucky” thing now fellas. Lol you must have experience with that by the way you talk brotha 😂🤣

1 hour ago, LeeLue said:

Guess getting kicked in the nuts is a “lucky” thing now fellas. Lol you must have experience with that by the way you talk brotha 😂🤣

I certainly do, but the kicks have been much gentler and less frequent in the ANG. You seem like a very literal person, so I’ll stop with any more hyperbole. What I was attempting to convey was possibly taking the negative situation (AD UPT denial) and ultimately having it turn into a much greater positive instead (ANG UPT selection)

@Recagedhas some great scores and went and paid for his, or her, PPL. That shows a lot of drive and determination, which weighs a lot heavier when selecting UPT studs, than some made up, bullshit Lt leadership position. 

Edited by O Face

30 minutes ago, O Face said:

I certainly do, but the kicks have been much gentler and less frequent in the ANG. You seem like a very literal person, so I’ll stop with any more hyperbole. What I was attempting to convey was possibly taking the negative situation (AD UPT denial) and ultimately having it turn into a much greater positive instead (ANG UPT selection)

@Recagedhas some great scores and went and paid for his, or her, PPL. That shows a lot of drive and determination, which weighs a lot heavier when selecting UPT studs, than some made up, bullshit Lt leadership position. 

Why are you even in this forum if you’re in the ANG? Stay in your lane. And you obviously seem like a guy/gal with poor leadership skills… or one who probably hasn't even held a real leadership position. This board places leadership first to keep toxic folks (somewhat like yourself) from ever getting in key leadership positions. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, LeeLue said:

Why are you even in this forum if you’re in the ANG? Stay in your lane. And you obviously seem like a guy/gal with poor leadership skills… or one who probably hasn't even held a real leadership position. This board places leadership first to keep toxic folks (somewhat like yourself) from ever getting in key leadership positions. 

HAHAHAHA!!!  Fuck, you got me. Who is this?  Chang??  I fell for that one hook, line, and sinker.  Well played. Sorry for the thread derail. Goodnight 

Edited by O Face
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, nonner70 said:

The three comments are just about a form on the package. I am hoping that despite that message it still drops on the historical 10 Jan that the board results normally release on. 

10 Jan was when commanders found out. That message above is referring to when results are released to the public which is 7 days later. "Late Jan" could very well be considered 17 Jan. Either way it seems like a long time if they already have the names

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Saw someone asked for a timeline on results. Thank you for your service.

Looks like we should hold out hope until the end of January!

In the trenches,

QUAG 

IMG_0231.png

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, QUAG said:

Saw someone asked for a timeline on results. Thank you for your service.

Looks like we should hold out hope until the end of January!

In the trenches,

QUAG 

IMG_0231.png

Anyone know what the “new process” is that he’s referring to? I’m still holding out hope that CCs will be notified the week of the eighth…

32 minutes ago, Hope2Fly said:

Anyone know what the “new process” is that he’s referring to? I’m still holding out hope that CCs will be notified the week of the eighth…

No idea!  Most of this was already answered on the MilSuite page, tho.  I think he may be referring to the release of the PSDM through MyFSS vs MyVector.  That would be my only guess.

59 minutes ago, Hope2Fly said:

In the brief we received from Mr. Cartano at RPP he said they are trying a new process this year in an attempt to diversify the results. Possibly what they are referring to.

32 minutes ago, simsans said:

In the brief we received from Mr. Cartano at RPP he said they are trying a new process this year in an attempt to diversify the results. Possibly what they are referring to.

Diversify the results?

9 minutes ago, LeeLue said:

Diversify the results?

Yep. They stated that all genders and races were not equally represented in previous boards and blamed the process for that. I’m not sure of the changes, but it was just something he had said during his brief.

Edited by simsans
  • Like 1

Yep. They stated that all genders and races were not equally represented in previous boards and blamed the process for that. I’m not sure of the changes, but it was just something he had said during his brief.
I didn't see a spot on the AF215 that declared gender or race. Not that they couldn't get that from their sources, and while I understand the "diversity" argument, I truly hope they aren't reverting to choosing a member over someone else to satisfy the "diversity" conversation instead of the "merit" conversation. Thumbs down

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

On 1/5/2024 at 8:57 PM, dillonberg92 said:

I didn't see a spot on the AF215 that declared gender or race. Not that they couldn't get that from their sources, and while I understand the "diversity" argument, I truly hope they aren't reverting to choosing a member over someone else to satisfy the "diversity" conversation instead of the "merit" conversation. Thumbs down emoji107.png

I believe they can pull it from your unmasked SURF as shown in the slide show FloridaMan26 posted back on Nov 8th.

I 100% agree that they should not push someone to the top of the line just because they are underrepresented in the community especially if there is a more qualified candidate out there that could really save our tails in the future.  The countries that we are going to working with and against in upcoming conflicts pick the best that they have because they want to have a strong force. I know I would be extremely disappointed if I was not selected because of my test scores, leadership or anything else I busted my butt to excel at, but instead because of my race and gender.

However, I do see the argument that that the less diverse our pilot corps are the more likely an amazing candidate that is a minority may feel intimated to apply hurting our potential as a force in the future that can snowball.  We have seen that in our history as Americans in professional sports or executive positions. 

I am not sure of the best way to create a healthy representation to mirror the rated community's diversity to that of the non-rated community and from the sounds of it, AFPC was not 100% sure themselves because it is a hard thing to balance.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, simsans said:

However, I do see the argument that that the less diverse our pilot corps are the more likely an amazing candidate that is a minority may feel intimated to apply hurting our potential as a force in the future that can snowball.  We have seen that in our history as Americans in professional sports or executive positions.

Just throwing my two cents, don’t crucify me.

If you’ve already made it to commissioning then you should know you won’t get far in life without pushing boundaries. My biggest successes in my short time in were all due to me just walking up to people I didn’t know and into places I wasn’t known. Thinking “I don’t want to try this thing because I’ll be the only *insert characteristic* person…” is a pretty good reason itself that they shouldn’t do that thing. If they’re an amazing candidate but have the mindset that their skin color or whatever else might make it harder and therefor they won’t do it, I don’t think they’re an amazing candidate. I would rather have a system that might make some people feel that way than a system that instills doubt in everybody because you never know if you’ll get the spot or not due to things you can’t control like you race or gender.

Edited by flyguyinthesky
  • Like 2

I’m stuck in the weird dance where I’m checking the forum 29 times a day, and making myself overly accessible to my CC. 

Keep hope! 

How is everyone dealing with their nerves day to day?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

I’m stuck in the weird dance where I’m checking the forum 29 times a day, and making myself overly accessible to my CC. 

Keep hope! 

How is everyone dealing with their nerves day to day?
I've done this song and dance enough times where I'm anxious to find out results of something, they don't come when I expect them to, I get exhausted from the anxiousness, so I sorta pretend like I'm not waiting on anything lol. I'm confident my CC will call me the moment he finds out. They're almost as excited as I am

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, QUAG said:

I have been laughing as I check the milsuite page 2 times a day at the views counter going up and up. 

I am on the same level of feeling that Dillon said where the anxiousness has exhausted me that I don’t know if I would give as good of a response to a selection notification as I would have when I submitted the application. I’ve just been throwing myself into work and trying not to go crazy from checking all my records for a slightly change. 

• Like 2