ACTIVE PSDM 23-54: 2024 Active Duty Flying Training Board

Recaged

Alright dudes and dudettes,

From a credible source... there were ~200 applicants and ~110 selects.  Please reference below for approximate numbers:

Pilot Selects - 70

CSO Selects - 20

RPA Selects - 10

ABM Selects - 10

The numbers don't sound great but there is a chance we get selected!  Stay prayed up and lets hope this credible source meant ~110 pilot selects instead. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Nightmare2773 said:

From a credible source... there were ~200 applicants and ~110 selects.  Please reference below for approximate numbers:

Pilot Selects - 70

CSO Selects - 20

RPA Selects - 10

ABM Selects - 10

The numbers don't sound great but there is a chance we get selected!  Stay prayed up and lets hope this credible source meant ~110 pilot selects instead. 

Awesome info. Did they give you any more data about anything?

On 11/15/2023 at 9:17 AM, simsans said:

That is concerning.  Do you happen to know their Wing Strat or Rank?  

Also awesome package you are sending up.  I would warn slightly against going for ABM in the current time just due to the divestment.  Tinker is shrinking right now to PCS out all the ABMs so that they can provide quality training for those that are still there.  However, by the time you are selected and go through UABMT/FTU a lot of those problems we are seeing today will be solved.

No idea... he was selected as an alternate, but was never officially in UPT.  Thanks!  Im hoping it's enough to get a UPT slot.  I'd be okay with ABM, it looks like the E-7 may be coming online soon?  Not sure.  Ground Control is fun too, tho!

2 minutes ago, simsans said:

Awesome info. Did they give you any more data about anything?

Negative.  Had no idea how many ENJJPT slots there would be either.  Not sure where the line was drawn.  Out of the ~200 applicants, roughly 50% were selected, tho.  Not bad although 100% would be a lot better 

Pilot Selects - 70
CSO Selects - 20
RPA Selects - 10
ABM Selects - 10

Where have I seen these types of numbers before...

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nightmare2773 said:

Pilot Selects - 70

CSO Selects - 20

RPA Selects - 10

ABM Selects - 10

The number of selects sounds the same, but does anyone know how many applicants there were last year? I feel like there was a lot more last year (300ish?), so the percentage of selects would be higher

The number of selects sounds the same, but does anyone know how many applicants there were last year? I feel like there was a lot more last year (300ish?), so the percentage of selects would be higher
It was about the same. My CC was able to get info from a very reliable source and it was right around there.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, goboldtigers said:

Yeah those numbers look similar to last year. Crazy to think the results aren't going to be released for another 2 months. Anyone know why it takes so long to release the results?

I believe it takes that long bc afpc has to release all selectees from their current career fields and generate assignments for them as well. Take in account the holidays too…

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Nightmare2773 said:

Just curious, how many ENJJPT volunteers were there this year?  I volunteered, but I know it's hard as hell to get selected.

I volunteered too. Most I saw selected from previous boards was 11. I think last year or the year before only had 4 selects. Can’t remember 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dillonberg92 said:

Anyone know how leave is taken through UPT if selected? It's roughly 2 years long, which would accrue 60 days, but most of us have plenty of leave we need to use before even leaving. I can't imagine us having to forfeit it.

From my buddies in UPT & UCT right now they pretty much can only take leave during the holidays & inbetween blocks. Like my buddy that just dropped 135s right before he went to altus he took like 27 days of leave. They don’t get Family days unfortunately 

I had a bunch of leave when I PCS'd to UPT. They were cool with letting me take like 30 days of it prior to my class start date. As far as during training, at least here at Laughlin, they usually approve any leave request where you're not missing any training days. So 3 day weekends are a possibility to burn some more leave. Not that bad overall

• Like 2

On 11/18/2023 at 10:02 PM, Nightmare2773 said:

Pilot Selects - 70

CSO Selects - 20

RPA Selects - 10

ABM Selects - 10

Got picked up as an alternate last year and this just triggered my PTSD lol. Hopefully for all of us there's more selects than that this year 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bama said:

Got picked up as an alternate last year and this just triggered my PTSD lol. Hopefully for all of us there's more selects than that this year 

Same here! Was an alternate, ultimately not selected though. Now for a not-so-fun story:

I know a current pilot that was an alternate his first time applying. His second time applying he wasn't even an alternate 😬 then on his THIRD time applying he wasn't selected AGAIN even though he was like ACC WSO of the Year and #1 push from his Wing. His leadership called and ultimately changed their minds on that third try.

Same here! Was an alternate, ultimately not selected though. Now for a not-so-fun story:
I know a current pilot that was an alternate his first time applying. His second time applying he wasn't even an alternate then on his THIRD time applying he wasn't selected AGAIN even though he was like ACC WSO of the Year and #1 push from his Wing. His leadership called and ultimately changed their minds on that third try.
This is just proof that its all just a random drinking game they play to select people

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, LeeLue said:

Mind sharing your scores? Getting me worried now lol 

Last year I had a 74 Pilot, 62 PCSM, 1/5 in the squadron, 3/12 in the wing, no PPL. I was only a first year captain but I had 750 hours in my airframe, a sandbox deployment, and went through instructor upgrade (12R by trade). That's probably what helped get me on the alternate list with average scores. As long as you've done everything in your power to control what you can control and put forth the best package you could then I wouldn't worry about anything haha.  

Edited by Bama
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, goboldtigers said:

I know a current pilot that was an alternate his first time applying. His second time applying he wasn't even an alternate 😬 then on his THIRD time applying he wasn't selected AGAIN even though he was like ACC WSO of the Year and #1 push from his Wing. His leadership called and ultimately changed their minds on that third try.

What was your scores as well if you don’t mind sharing?

1 hour ago, LeeLue said:

What was your scores as well if you don’t mind sharing?

Last years scores?

Highlights were 88 PCSM, 99 pilot AFOQT, 25 flying hours, 100 on the PT test (lol), #2 Wing ranking, and wing commander letter of rec. 

Lowlights were I was a newly promoted captain with not much on my resume yet. Some minor awards and accomplishments but nothing substantial to showcase my leadership or potential. My leadership knew I was a great applicant but I ultimately wasn't able to prove that to AFPC. Also had a 2.9 college GPA. I'm not sure if that's a huge problem but it's worth noting. I majored in civil engineering and consistently worked 2 part time jobs plus a year-round internship throughout college to make ends meet so it was tough balancing school work, studying and paying the bills (I was very poor and did not come from money). AFPC just sees a GPA though, not the back story.

I mentioned this in a previous comment either in this thread or last years thread: AFPC really cares about leadership. The "quantifiable numbers" like PCSM, AFOQT, etc make up only 30% of how they score an applicant. They care much more about what you've done as an officer and what you're capable of doing. This last year I focused on improving my application in  those areas. In some ways, I didn't have to do anything other than continue doing a good job at my job, and based off natural career progression for my AFSC in a year's time I would have a lot to showcase. In other ways I actively looked for opportunities to include on my application (volunteer work, projo, queep, etc). Fingers crossed I did it right this time. I figure if I don't get selected, I still set myself up for success otherwise

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nonner70 said:

The PCSM score does only play a small factor. They really look at the whole airmen concept. Last year someone was selected for UFT with a 34 PCSM

IMG_7187.jpeg

Dude look at FY22… someone got picked up with 17 PCSM. That’s the future chief of staff right there lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LeeLue said:

Dude look at FY22… someone got picked up with 17 PCSM. That’s the future chief of staff right there lol 

As someone who was picked up on that board, I love it. Rooting for you guys to get selected. I just finished upt today. Feels like a dream. 

• Like 5