2023 Active Duty Flying Training Board

Jam

13 hours ago, Flyinghobbit said:

Nice! I’m a month later for IFT with a RNLTD of Oct 23. Might give you a little more SA on UPT start date. 

I wish the SA it gave was better, haha.  Just checked this morning, and RNLTD is 26 June.  With IFT scheduled from 25 April thru 15 June, 11 days isn't a lot of time for an Overseas-to-CONUS PCS.

4 hours ago, Saint said:

I wish the SA it gave was better, haha.  Just checked this morning, and RNLTD is 26 June.  With IFT scheduled from 25 April thru 15 June, 11 days isn't a lot of time for an Overseas-to-CONUS PCS.

You can work with AFPC to change your IFT/PCS dates as needed. You can also request a RNLTD change via vMPF, your losing/gaining commanders will crosschat and are the ones to approve it.

What's been the trend for all my friends so far is that the expected class start date is exactly 1 month after the RNLTD, so for a 26 June RNLTD I'd expect a 26 July class start date (If you check your SURF via AMS on vMPF it should have a section about expected training with expected dates).

When I spoke with Columbus, they said that the Guard/Reserve folk normally show up about 10 days before their class start date and have zero problems so that shouldn't be an issue to show up later!

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, nolifepilot said:

You can work with AFPC to change your IFT/PCS dates as needed. You can also request a RNLTD change via vMPF, your losing/gaining commanders will crosschat and are the ones to approve it.

What's been the trend for all my friends so far is that the expected class start date is exactly 1 month after the RNLTD, so for a 26 June RNLTD I'd expect a 26 July class start date (If you check your SURF via AMS on vMPF it should have a section about expected training with expected dates).

When I spoke with Columbus, they said that the Guard/Reserve folk normally show up about 10 days before their class start date and have zero problems so that shouldn't be an issue to show up later!

Oh wow really? 1 month? My expectation was at least 3 months waiting on casual status. SURF is still empty for training dates, and CDB is only showing IFT. I've reached out to the 47th though, so I should hopefully get more info on my start date next week. 

5 hours ago, Saint said:

Oh wow really? 1 month? My expectation was at least 3 months waiting on casual status. SURF is still empty for training dates, and CDB is only showing IFT. I've reached out to the 47th though, so I should hopefully get more info on my start date next week. 

That's your "expected class date" but it appears that most likely won't be your actual class start date. After talking with Columbus, they said to expect to wait at least a few months for you to actually start UPT. The 2Lt I spoke with said she was supposed to start August 22' and she was hoping to make it into the July 23' class. I asked if it was a similar timeline for the "late to rate" folk and she said it seemed like they weren't waiting years like other people, but the wait still was at least a few months.

• Like 1

On 2/24/2023 at 7:55 AM, nolifepilot said:

That's your "expected class date" but it appears that most likely won't be your actual class start date. After talking with Columbus, they said to expect to wait at least a few months for you to actually start UPT. The 2Lt I spoke with said she was supposed to start August 22' and she was hoping to make it into the July 23' class. I asked if it was a similar timeline for the "late to rate" folk and she said it seemed like they weren't waiting years like other people, but the wait still was at least a few months.

You won't be waiting as long as the new Lts. They try to prioritize guard/reserve and crossflows since we're just sitting around making money. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 4/20/2023 at 6:49 AM, Ganderly8 said:

I know you've gotta take a PT test before starting UPT, does anyone know if you can do the new HAMR run? I am of course asking for my friend

You should be. I do not see why not, the PT test I'll be going with will be scored with the HAMR as part of it

• 9 months later...