CAS

Beaver

Guest Rainman A-10
Originally posted by Beaver:

We usually go to Dare County Range in NC, Atterbury in IN, Avon Park FL, Razorback Range AR, Camp Shelby, Ft Stewart.

Our scheduler is on the phone everyday begging squadrons to come work with us.

Try Ft Drum. A-10s fly there every day.

• 2 months later...
Guest KoolKat

Wow. All this time I've been here, I just now stumbled across this thread. Good read.

Some people think flying a fighter jet is cool becuase of the plane your have the responsibility for...

It's clear enough to me that it's cool because of the responsibilities you have being where you are when you have a decision to make.

What a cool job. I will never know why that job isn't a 6 figure gig.

BENDY

I don't think anyone does CAS for money.

There is no better feeling in the world (professionally), than helping the guys on the ground. I know some guys like A2A and it takes a lot of brain power to do that properly, but for me, hitting crap on the ground is the way to go.

Guest KoolKat

CH, I never thought that anyone would.

But, sometimes, like the recent thought I had when Iverson was *****ing about having to wear "professional" clothing on the sideline when he wasn't playing...we should pay you guys at least 6 figs.

I don't really care if that's the reason you do it..in fact, I'm VERY glad it's not.

But the fact that you don't do it for money is not a good reason not to pay you for the contribution.

And thank you for that, by the way...

BENDY