TFOT seats question

Adamw412

Does anyone know how the seats in tfot work? I was talking with an AD recruiter and he said that tfot is booked into 2020.  What I want to know is tfot as a whole booked that far or do the seats for Guard/reserve fall under a different projected schedule so to speak? For instance, in each class is so many seats reserved for AD and so many for Guard/reserve 

Does anyone know how the seats in tfot work? I was talking with an AD recruiter and he said that tfot is booked into 2020.  What I want to know is tfot as a whole booked that far or do the seats for Guard/reserve fall under a different projected schedule so to speak? For instance, in each class is so many seats reserved for AD and so many for Guard/reserve 

Can’t speak to the breakdown of allocations per class, but I just got a slot in one of the classes in January 2019 this week and I’m ANG. So.. not booked through 2020 for the ANG as far as I can tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/23/2018 at 8:10 AM, Adamw412 said:

When I went through earlier this year, it sounded like it was pretty common for AD to wait 1-1.5 years to go

• 3 months later...

Late reply, but the way that OTS slots work is planned out very far in advance. Currently active duty applying to the November 2019 active duty board and if I get accepted I will not attend until 2021. They have all the slots filled on the active duty side a year to a year and a half in advance. They also have multiple boards. So for FY2020 there will be two active duty boards and two civilian boards. The later boards are notorious for being cancelled though, so it gets tough. 

On a side note, if you are applying non-rated then the selection rates are very low based on how many people apply. So unless you stand out above everyone else it could take a few times to get accepted. Hope this helps.