The numbers are in....what's the damage....

AFOQT: Pilot (94), Nav (77), Acad Aptitude (54), Verb (70), Quantitative (41)

PCSM: 94

I am already a rated military pilot, and am looking to go blue.  I am applying for an Air National Guard unit and just gathering all my paperwork up for their application packet.

How do my numbers look after my first run of everything....keep in mind...I haven't been in college since 2008 which is probably why some scores were not to great.

Edited by JustHangingOut

Numbers could be good or pretty darn good depending on what you are going for (Fighters or Heavies). Your rated numbers (Pilot 94, PCSM 94) are excellent. I've seen people get selected with numbers lower than yours. AFOQT is not everything. Just make sure the rest of your package is on point to make up for the lower scores and ultimately, your personality and attitude will determine if you are the best fit with the unit you are applying to. Best of luck to you.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dynamite said:

Numbers could be good or pretty darn good depending on what you are going for (Fighters or Heavies). Your rated numbers (Pilot 94, PCSM 94) are excellent. I've seen people get selected with numbers lower than yours. AFOQT is not everything. Just make sure the rest of your package is on point to make up for the lower scores and ultimately, your personality and attitude will determine if you are the best fit with the unit you are applying to. Best of luck to you.

thanks for the advice.  I am going for fighters, but if that doesn't work out....I'm not opposed to heavies....

I am also hoping that me being relatively local (1.5hr drive) to the unit works in my favor as well.

• 3 weeks later...