Confused...

Guest mlc4u21

Guest mlc4u21

Ok, I am 16 and going into my second year of high school. I wanna bring my life to the highest ground. I wanna become a pilot for airlines, but i am confuse on which path to take.

I have no knowlegde or experience on flying or planes, but i am so desparte and eager to learn. The paths i have trouble choosing is if i should goto the Air Force and get some training there and going to their academy (Air Force Academy) Or going into colleges that have Aviation programs.

Guest Wxpunk

If your sole objective is to fly for the airlines, you need to go to Embry-Riddle or some other flight school. If you want to serve your country, join the Air Force.

Don't take advantage of the taxpayers' money just to jumpstart your career.

------------

Wxpunk

Originally posted by Scooter14:

If you want to be an airline guy, DEFINITELY go to the aviation colleges.

If you want to be in the Air Force, DEFINITELY change your e-mail address.

bahahahahahaha

Guest KoolKat

Stuff, try the search button. There's gotta be something more constructive than the input your going to recieve with that profile and trying to talk to people and get a serious response.

I say, delete this post, change your email address (nice catch,) change your screen name, and reword this post a little differently and try again!

[Edit: Sorry couldn't help it...So what is it your confused about again?]

[ 10. July 2005, 21:39: Message edited by: KoolKat ]

If you are really interested in flying and military-related stuff, go to your school library and get some books (if people even still do that), or go online and start doing your own research. Check out fas.org or globalsecurity.org and learn some stuff. Look at the pictures and take the time to read about the airplanes. Obviously a lot of it probably won't interest you, but learn what the difference is between an F-15 and an F-14...stuff like that. Save up $100 and go get an introductory flight out at your local small airport. If you're interested in this stuff, then learn about it. And seriously, if you're for real, change your e-mail address right now.

Originally posted by Rainman A-10:

Reading that post was like listening to a Kung-Fu movie voice over.

Haha - which brings me to my last point - learn some proper English. Yes you're only 16, but you will not get far sounding (even in print) like a retard. Scoobs cleaned up his act and now people take him more seriously.

edit: the more I read this kid's post, the funnier Rainman's post gets to me.

[ 10. July 2005, 22:34: Message edited by: Rocker ]

Guest dustanas

Ditto everything Rocker said in his first post. Albeit I'm a little older than Mr. Cueto, but what Rocker said is what I've been doing for the past year or so as I finished college...and lo and behold I have an interview with a guard unit next month. And change your e-mail address.

Guest waxgoblin

he must have changed his email... LJ and i are missing out :( filam?

qualifications for ERAU? like 3.0 gpa and 1000 old SAT...

72% had h.s. GPA of 3.0 and higher

27% had h.s. GPA of 2.0 - 2.99

1% had h.s. GPA of 1.0 - 1.99

Alright...here is a big annoyance i have with some people on here. Especially "Pre-UPT, post UPT attitude folks"

Scooter, nice catch on the email. Something like that is totally worth making humor.

But you holier than though "Learn how to spell" "your english sucks" "Nice punctuation" academy types who really care and have no sympathy for a young guy who comes in here asking great questions...I have nothing for you. Or better yet...I GOT NOTHIN' FER YA.

Im sure when you were 16 you were perfect, had no questions, and your fecal didnt smell. But for me...when I was 16, I had no clue what to ask, how to spell, or which way was up. And it was through asking folks older than me questions that I learned. Not through some 23 year old Dip S*** who just finished AMS acting like he is already a pilot heaping out sarcasm.

So, burn me for that. As for Jaspt1, good questions. If you cant get a straight answer without getting flamed, PM me, ill be glad to help you out.

[ 11. July 2005, 13:24: Message edited by: KC135GuardPilot ]

But you holier than though "Learn how to spell" "your english sucks" "Nice punctuation" academy types who really care and have no sympathy for a young guy who comes in here asking great questions...I have nothing for you. Or better yet...I GOT NOTHIN' FER YA.
I'm 29, went to the Academy, and can't spell wurth schitt.