commissioning certificate frame

pcola

I've been looking on the net for a frame for my commissioning certificate. I wan't something simple with a mat and an Air Force seal, nothing extravagant, to hang next to my diploma in the home office. I've found lots of things in the 8x10 and 11x14 sizes, but nothing for the odd shape (10x14) of the commissioning certificate. Just wondering what any of you guys did with yours (I'm guessing that a lot of you guys have them in stuffed in a drawer somewhere) and if you know anybody that makes a frame specifically for the commissioning certificate. I seem to remember getting a pamphlet when I graduated OTS that had similar products, but I can't remember the name of the company. Thanks

Guest C-21 Pilot

Secind both of those options...

I got my UPT and commissioning certificates done at Hobby Lobby...silver frame with blue bordering.

I think the cost was ~$120

On base, I got all of my college certificates done. They did an EXCELLENT collaboration, and it was a bit cheaper, but the selection is a bit less.

Guest croftfam

I got mine laminated or whatever you call it onto a frame. My dad actually did it the same way he did his. I have no idea what it's called, but I think it looks classier than a regular frame. It's held up through a zillion different moves though, so it's quality.

I paid ~$70 for my commissioning certificate in a silver frame, blue mats with silver matting in between, and glare resistant glass. I paid ~$80 for the same set-up for my pilot certificate.

Hobby Lobby wanted to charge me $200 for the same thing (for both certificates).

MK

[ 28. August 2005, 17:53: Message edited by: mmkk111 ]

If you watch the ads, Hobby Lobby offers 50% off custom framing about every 3-4 weeks. I went that route for commisioning/diploma. Used base frame shop for pilot cert. Both were quality products

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Remy1492

hobbylobby.com I sign up for the weekly ads to my email so I know when frames, etc are 50% off, thats when I make a killing.

I do a lot of photography and enlargements, frames for the Sq etc... so the local hobbylobby girls know me well.

The hobby place on base takes forever, charges a whole lot and seems lethargic on any sort of questions I have. The hobbylobby store is fast, they know the answer or the solution to my design dilemma of the day and they always suggest something cheaper or better to my liking.

I would also recommend getting either black or silver metal frames, keep the frames and mattes all one color in your house and they look uniform and nice. Get odd colored frames or mattes and nothing will match, your walls will look like Romper Room.