Becoming an Air National Guard fighter pilot

mar96

Hello, I plan to go into a 4 year university, enlist in the ANG, and major in aerospace engineering. When I graduate college, I plan to score high on the AFOQT and apply to fighter units. I have a few questions regarding this path. I really want to become an F35A pilot preferably with the Vermont ANG. My first is" Will a high AFOQT score make up for a low GPA in college?" I am worried that since I am majoring in a tough major, I will have a low gpa, therefore making my fighter wing application look less competitive. I also plan to have my commercial pilot license/rating by time I graduate also, plus my enlisted service, to make my application look competitive when applying to UPT boards. Typically, how many people usually apply to fighter wings in the ANG each pilot slot opening? Thanks. I am new here on baseops and I'm trying to do as much research, and get as much help as I can to achieve my dream. Thanks for your time for answering!

Also, I forgot to add, what other things can make my application even more competitive?

• Downvote 4