TMO DITY/PPM Problems

nunya

I'm having a problem with TMO and need regs/ammo to fight this.

Story: PCSd from Florida to Wyoming with TDY enroute at Little Rock. Partial DITY/PPM the entire trip. I got empty and full weight tickets for both legs of the move. I filed my DITY paperwork and have received two payments. Here's the problem:

They only paid me for 600 pounds Florida to LR and LR to WY. They are refusing to pay me for the remainder of my weight from FL to WY. As I understand it, I should have received payment for 600 pounds FL-LR-WY and the remainder of the weight from FL-WY. TMO here says they already "used" my 4 weight tickets on the 2x 600 pound moves and cannot reuse those weights for the remainder of my weight for the FL-WY move.

He quoted me this JFTR Supplement as his basis of refusal:

*A14.13. MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES. Members must obtain weight tickets for all
personally procured moves, regardless of weight allowance.
*A14.13.1. State approved scales should provide weight tickets that contain the following
information:
*A14.13.1.1. Complete name and location of the scale.
*A14.13.1.2. Date of each weighing.
*A14.13.1.3. Identification of weight entries as tare, gross, or net weights.
*A14.13.1.4. Company or carrier identification of the vehicle or license number of POV required.
*A14.13.1.5. Member’s name.
NOTE: Weight tickets that only contain segments of the information prescribed above, yet
appear to be valid and reflect the actual weight moved, must be processed for monetary allowance payment when verified by the PPSO/PPPO.
*A14.13.2. Axle scale weights are permitted when local or state law does not otherwise restrict
them.
*A14.13.3. Members may obtain weight tickets at Government, commercial or public scales
certified for use within the state.
NOTE: Typically, roadside scales located at interstate highway weigh stations do not meet requirements for certified scales and or certified weigh masters.
*A14.13.4. Members provide the original DD Form 1351-2 to the paying FSO identified in block
4h of the DD Form 2278.
*A14.13.5. Complete Personally Procured Checklist and Certification of Expenses.

So... anyone got any ideas?

• Downvote 1

Story: PCSd from Florida to Wyoming with TDY enroute at Little Rock. Partial DITY/PPM the entire trip. I got empty and full weight tickets for both legs of the move. I filed my DITY paperwork and have received two payments. Here's the problem:

They only paid me for 600 pounds Florida to LR and LR to WY. They are refusing to pay me for the remainder of my weight from FL to WY. As I understand it, I should have received payment for 600 pounds FL-LR-WY and the remainder of the weight from FL-WY. TMO here says they already "used" my 4 weight tickets on the 2x 600 pound moves and cannot reuse those weights for the remainder of my weight for the FL-WY move.

Ask for the weight tickets you provided back, copy them on the nearest copier, and then provide two sets of weight tickets (one for the PPM and one for the TDY enroute). If he won't accept it, take it up with his supervisor. Press it higher if you're still not satisfied with the answer and you'll eventually get someone who can tell this asshat to stop being a douche. I would hope that anyone in a uniform who has done a TDY enroute will sympathize with you.

-9-

Edited by Nineline
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

nope, doesn't get lost, because Finance Guy is awesome and answers in a timely manner, like he just did on someone else's post. There's a rule about not starting new threads if there's already one in existance.

• Upvote 1

Don't see in that guidance where there is a limit to only 4 weight tickets. Ask them to show you in the Regs where there is a limit.

http://www.move.mil/documents/dod/Revised_AF_Sup_Attachment_14.pdf

I read this as well: *A14.7.1.2. Advise members to provide separate weight tickets for each segment of their moves