20th Air Force commander relieved of command

C17Driver

MGen: "my typical practice is to have my aide call me 45 minutes prior...I wasn't allowed to take my aide... so I was out of my normal routine."

Some justification for showing up 45 minutes late. Boo hoo.

No shit. Buy a Casio.

• Upvote 1

IG report is out, Some highlights:

Well for what it's worth, Gen Carey does actually play guitar and can sing decently.

I met him once and only briefly at that, but the report seemed like the IO and Ms. _______ had an axe to grind as if Gen Carey didn't make a good first impression with them. From then on, everything Gen Carey did after that was cause for alarm.

The report even flat out states the IO believed Ms. _______'s testimony over everyone else's, but doesn't give any reason as to why she is more credible than anyone else. Eye witness reports are notoriously unreliable, yet this entire report is built upon eye witness accounts.

The whole thing is a "he said, she said" report with very little factual evidence. I think it's clear what perception was made on the trip though, and on a political trip, that's what counts. Gen Carey should have known better.

And who the hell is "Eric Snowden?" The IO here needs to be fired himself. Awful report.

Edited by Seriously