Fighter pilot shortage

Guest Bird321

Guest Bird321

So I've heard a lot on foxnews and wantscheck.com that there will be a shortage of fighter pilots in the years to come because of higher paying commercial jobs and so on. Can anybody going the active duty route shed some light on this? I'm in my last year of trying to go guard for fighters and if there is a way to get track selected for 38s and fly eagles or vipers before going to OTS/UPT, tell me where to sign. Sounds too good to be true but any info on this would be useful. Thanks guys!

if there is a way to get track selected for 38s and fly eagles or vipers before going to OTS/UPT, tell me where to sign.

Doesn't sound like you've spent much time reading up on anything at all based on this statement.

So I've heard a lot on foxnews and wantscheck.com that there will be a shortage of fighter pilots in the years to come because of higher paying commercial jobs and so on. Can anybody going the active duty route shed some light on this? I'm in my last year of trying to go guard for fighters and if there is a way to get track selected for 38s and fly eagles or vipers before going to OTS/UPT, tell me where to sign. Sounds too good to be true but any info on this would be useful. Thanks guys!

I'll bite a little. AIR NATIONAL GUARD, but you still have to pass the AVSAB/medical/IFS/T-6/T-38/IFF/RTU and college if you haven't. Good luck!

Oh yeah, and don't be a douche.