Commerce considers labeling Arab Americans a disadvantaged minority

rancormac

http://thehill.com/b...ntaged-minority

The ADC petition cited “discrimination and prejudice in American society[,] resulting in conditions under which Arab-American individuals have been unable to compete in a business world.” The group claimed discrimination against Arab Americans increased after the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.

For being norwegian american, I don't get shit.

I do not either. I think we should start an organization to petition. Scandinavians and Himalayans Engaging Malicious Americans for Leverage and Eminence, or simply the SHEMALE Movement. The name can be worked out...it seems a little long...

One wonders...in 20 years, whites are projected to become a minority in America as the Hispanic population continues to grow. Once we become a minority, will we be eligible for quotas at universities and special consideration for jobs?

• Upvote 1

What people do not realize is that as long as you play the victim card, you will always be a victim. Calling out supposed discrimination practices and subtly asking for special treatment only amplifies your differences in a negative way. The less you flaunt your race/ethnicity/gender/sexual orientation in the face of others, the less people will care. I am not saying to not respect your unique culture or not have pride in where you come from, but bragging about how different you are and then crying foul when treated differently is stupid.