Another shooting at VA Tech

Masshole

I have a cousin there and she said text, email, and Facebook alerts were sent out to students about shots being fired on campus. It started outside of one of the dining halls and a police officer was shot dead. One suspect has been apprehended but another is at large. More gunshots are being reported near a drillfield near the center of the campus as another person has been pronounced dead. Supposedly it was just a routine traffic stop that started this.

Guest Hueypilot812

Then explain to me how there was a shooting there. It shouldn't be possible if it's a gun free zone, right?

That only applies to law-abiding gun users...duh

Dangerous and disturbing this puzzle is.

Ah, you speak Yoda...nice

Most high profile shootings occur in "gun free zones", from Columbine to Fort Hood, to VTx2. At least they let the anti-gun crowd "feel safer" at these places...

It is all about "feeling" safer these days...

There will always be those jackpipes who feel like they have to kill someone because their own life isn't going well...they are like little kids with a temper tantrum, and they only way to get their way is to shoot someone else. Like Gyreaux said above, just shoot yourself and leave the middlemen out of it. Your life sucks because you let it suck.

Edited by BitteEinBit

Most high profile shootings occur in "gun free zones", from Columbine to Fort Hood, to VTx2. At least they let the anti-gun crowd "feel safer" at these places...

I go to school in Illinois aka the only state without concealed carry. I hear students mention not feeling safe if there were people with concealed guns around. It's amazingly simple to shut them up: "Did you feel unsafe when you vacationed in Florida? How about when visiting friends in Michigan, Iowa, Indiana, [insert every other state in the Union here] because there were people carrying there."

Might not be flawless logic, but it's worked so far.

I go to school in Illinois aka the only state without concealed carry. I hear students mention not feeling safe if there were people with concealed guns around. It's amazingly simple to shut them up: "Did you feel unsafe when you vacationed in Florida? How about when visiting friends in Michigan, Iowa, Indiana, [insert every other state in the Union here] because there were people carrying there."

Might not be flawless logic, but it's worked so far.

What they're really saying is that they "feel safer" knowing that the only people around them likely to be carrying a gun are the insane nut-jobs that intend to kill someone.

Anytime someone is killed for no reason it sucks. But would this story have made the news if it happened in Detroit, MI?

On a college campus? Yes