Entry into AFRC with an Assignment Limitation Code (C-2)?

Catbox

Any docs perusing this board (or anyone experienced), a keg to you (I mean it) for any help you can provide.

I'm getting out of AD for family reasons and have been hired at a non-flying reserve unit that needs rated folks. I’m also on the short list for two IMA positions so at the unit level the Reserves want me and my experience. I had absolutely counted on getting into the Reserves to continue my service, work towards retirement and still get to feel kind of cool.

While on AD I had several bouts of kidney stones that ended up with an MEB and an ALC (C-2). I have been symptom free for over a year and as long as I take my medication (urocit-k) it looks like I have a great chance of being stone free for the rest of my life. According to all AD medical staff I can still deploy but it would require extra paper work and the appropriate facilities in case I gave birth to another stone.

After getting scrolled, getting hired, etc... it came time to submit my medical paperwork and in about a week the answer came back that I was ineligible to enter the reserves because I was not WW qualified. I never actually saw any correspondence or official rejection, this just came from the inservice recruiter (he also told me that there was no waiver process…in my experience there is always a waiver). The unit that hired me is looking into this but all the med staff is TR and don’t drill again for a few weeks.

Anyone else been through this or are there any Docs/Nurses with experience that can tell me if my ALC instantly DQs from the AFRC? If you are a medical type I’m happy to share any docs, etc… that might help.

My eyeballs are literally about to explode I’m so pissed at what may be one last screw job from Big Blue so I would kill for any help or advice.

• 2 years later...

Catbox,

Sorry, I know your post is a couple years old. How did your situation turn out? I'm going through a similar situation. ALC (C-1) and therefore "ineligible" to palace front to ANG/AFRC. In-service recruiters run as soon as your mention an ALC and the docs don't seem to know what it takes to remove an ALC.

Read the criteria in 36-3205. I'm not at my desk, but I can review this later.

Also, AFPC/DPANM is the ALC authority, not the local MTF. You cannot write to them to convince them to remove your ALC. At best, you would request to add an addendum to your next RILO expressing that you now believe you are now cured of your previously chronic condition. Chances of convincing them are (extremely) low. In 3 years of working in standards at base level, I can count on one hand the number of times ALCs were removed, though I have seen plenty of downgrades (3 to 2 or 2 to 1), but that obviously doesn't apply to you.

I would say your best chance of being accepted to Guard/Reserve with a C-1, is if the coding is for a very simple condition, like OSA or well controlled, mild Asthma/RAD/EIB/EIA.

Edited by deaddebate