Johhny Allison

aceart

I usually read, listen and learn on this board but I wanted to post in this case. I just heard that we lost a Fighter Pilot last night, Johnny Alison passed away at the age of 99. I was lucky enough to have talked to him a number of times when I worked for the Air Force Assoc. Listened to him speak at last September's convention and I was always impressed by his memory and sharp as a tack demeanor.

He was a pilot, and I mean that in the big sense of the word. One of those guys who understood flying and seemed to be able to just crawl in a cockpit and fly just about anything with wings ... and do it well. He was one of those guys that walked into a room and you just knew "someone" was there, somebody that you needed to pay attention to when he spoke. Unassuming, he was easy to talk to and a marvel to listen to.

The shot is of Johnny (right) and Phil Cochran "somewhere in Burma"

Thanks Johnny :beer:

post-359-0-20234800-1307371652_thumb.jpg

Edited by aceart

Guest 3GAF

To one of the greatest aviators and officers our air force has known. :beer: Him him! Rest in peace, General Allison.

• 3 months later...

Gen Alison's Arlington funeral will be 3 Oct 2011 at 11:00L. The family had not imposed any restrictions as of a couple weeks ago, therefore expect free access to the funeral. The Sharks will conduct a 4-ship missing man flyover for Maj Gen Alison's funeral. HAF is currently working an aerial review piece, where a P-40, P-51 and Spitfire will fly over first, followed by the 75th.

Definitely worth showing up for if you're around.

FWIW, CH says you should all feel free to roof stomp his ass and crash on his couch.

Edited by Rainman A-10

FWIW, CH says you should all feel free to roof stomp his ass and crash on his couch.

That is a true statement...we have a pool and a pond, the pond would be good for you.

I am going to the Funeral and intend to hoist a few in his honor afterward, join us.

Edited by ClearedHot