FC1 Dental

cmac88

I've been scheduled to do my FC1 at Wright-Patterson this coming Monday. I hadn't been to a dentist in awhile so I figured I needed to get into one. I wasn't expecting to be scheduled so soon so I only went today.... needless to say I have some work that needs to be done. This dentist can only get me in next Thursday after I come back.

Is it better to find a dentist that can do the work ASAP or will I be alright going to WP with the paperwork showing them I'm getting the work done?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

When my buddy 2 years ago was getting his FC1, he had like 10 cavities that had to get fixed before he could pass. They pretty much said fix these cavities, send us proof and your clear. He made a dentist appointment , got the cavities taken care of and sent it off and he was clear.

As far as getting things done before hand. I went to the dentist before I had to go and dentist said I had 3 cavities to be fixed. I didn't get it fix right away I just waited for FC1 to see what they said. They said I had 0. By definition, what your dentist say is a cavity and what the FC1 considers a cavity could be different.

These are just personal accounts and may not reflect how it'll work out for you. Good luck and brush more!!!

Thanks for the Reply.... can't find a Dentist that could do it before Monday anyhow so we'll just see how it goes.

I'm certainly brushing more.... haha. Never thought my teeth would be what I was worried about for the Medical.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, I had a top molar extracted several months ago and I'm looking to get it replaced with an implant. The dental clinic sent me off base to get evaluated and now I'm scheduled for a bone graft, sinus lift, and implant all at the same time on Tuesday. Could this sinus lift/Implant business possibly mess up my flying status? I'm a new co pilot just getting Mission Ready so I don't want to mess anything up here-

Anyone have experience with this? Thanks!