possible dental surgery

Guest srbawk

I'm scheduled for an annual dental exam in a few days and just in time because i'm having pain in a back tooth, this tooth is however in an awkward spot on the roof of my mouth, and ive been told by a civilian dentist prior to service that to have it removed would leave a hole requiring some kind of surgery to heal, my question is that knowing this, is that kind of dental work something that can permanantely dnif you? ive read that you may need to apply for an exception to policy letter to continue flying, if no further treatment is necessary.

Guest goducks

I'm scheduled for an annual dental exam in a few days and just in time because i'm having pain in a back tooth, this tooth is however in an awkward spot on the roof of my mouth, and ive been told by a civilian dentist prior to service that to have it removed would leave a hole requiring some kind of surgery to heal, my question is that knowing this, is that kind of dental work something that can permanantely dnif you? ive read that you may need to apply for an exception to policy letter to continue flying, if no further treatment is necessary.

First, I'm not a dentist so this is only one guy's opinion.

I'd be surprised if there were any dental issues that would be permanently DNIFing once the procedure was finished and you fully recovered with no impact to speech. I can't say I've ever heard of dental causing a hard DQ. Mostly, you just need to fix any defects that are found.