PHD seeking spouse

snafu

Did a search. Any 'spouses' gather information on how to successfully start and complete a PHD program during an assignment? Looks like 4-7 years on some Doctoral programs. Also, any legit ways to do this for a spouse that is not through Phoenix or other online shady degrees?

Edited by snafu

Sorry, nothing to add to your search.

When I first read your title I assumed you were a Doctor looking for a wife who is a pilot.

Good luck with your search!

Edited by Duck

You'll not find a respected university that offers online Ph.D programs, no matter the field.

Library research and a collaborative/stimulating academic environment are necessary to prepare one for a life of research, teaching, and/or practice at the highest levels.

However, there are some Masters level programs (e.g., Duke MBA and Univ. of Florida MBA) that are highly regarded.

You don't have to live in the same city full time. Yes PhD programs take multiple years, but there are many variables after the first year or two. Some require teaching,other require research work...truly depends on the type of PhD she wants to pursue.

My wife was able to make a few visits the last few years and one the last year to present and defend her dissertation.

Two on the online degrees, far more credible these days.

Discipline: Something in Education, the University may offer a more specific route and I am not up on all the different paths.

Location: We will find out soon. We are lead turning by a month on research.

Thank you. She will wait to see what University is the closest/best and walk in like CH recommended.