Flying Wild Alaska

Jughead

There was a 3 part series on National Geo that premiered a couple days ago about flying in Alaska... it was a good watch.

Yep--I've got that one set on the DVR, too [http://www.suite101.com/content/alaska-wing-men-on-nat-geo-a328001]--it's replaying later this week, all three episodes. Haven't seen any trailers for it yet, though, so no idea about content.

I've heard the Discovery show has a lot of stuff thats trumped up for drama.... not that I'm surprised.

Yeah... there is that!

There was a 3 part series on National Geo that premiered a couple days ago about flying in Alaska... it was a good watch. I've heard the Discovery show has a lot of stuff thats trumped up for drama.... not that I'm surprised.

DVR'd all three last eve. Lotsa basic VFR stuff, some skosh wx, and interesting characters. Fairly well done and certainly enjoyable.

DVR'd all three last eve. Lotsa basic VFR stuff, some skosh wx, and interesting characters. Fairly well done and certainly enjoyable.

My thoughts exactly... but it was done in more of a documentary style and the discovery one is going to be much more reality shoe type.... Im pretty sure it'll still be a good watch though. I have a buddy about to head up to alaska to try his luck up there.

Guest Rubber_Side_Down

I liked it when the chick called the Ice Road Truckers a bunch of pussies. I'd probably watch the show based on that comment, alone.

Hopefully it's good. Wish I could watch it from Germany....

Bush flying is great - especially on floats, ski's, or tundra tires. I encourage anyone to get any of those flying experiences.