Revenge of the MX officer

discus

"Look, there's a big difference between 'I didn't understand what you said' and 'I wasn't good enough or I didn't have enough SA to execute what you said'."

Another Rainman gem. Pure gold.

Edit: No sarcasm.

Edited by Champ Kind

No, I'm pretty sure you knew exactly what I said. BASEOPS.net is not AFSAS, nor is stating that a certain mishap SIB is now on AFSAS is compromising privileged information.

Here's a rundown on privileged information since you don't understand.

"Hey, did you hear about the C-17 that flamed out?" <~~~~~~ Not compromising privileged information

"Hey, did you hear about the C-17 that flamed out? I think it was cause of [insert speculating]." <~~~~ Compromising privileged information since one is speculating on the cause of the mishap

Don't believe me? This is exactly what was briefed to all the aircrew by Chief of Wing Safety at my base for our annual safety mishap training.

No he did not know what you said... You said “So now privileged information includes discussion if a SIB is on AFSAS yet?” Maybe you should have said: “So now privileged information includes discussion about whether or not an SIB is on AFSAS yet?” Sounds better that way

Here's a rundown on privileged information since you don't understand.

Hey, did you hear about the C-17 that flamed out? I think it was cause of [insert speculating]." <~~~~ Compromising privileged information since one is speculating on the cause of the mishap

Not true.. speculation is not privileged. If I say “Hey, did you hear about the C-17 that flamed out? I think it was cause of [sic] al-Qaeda.” How did I violate privilege? I didn’t, I speculated on the cause.

Even if I say “the C-17 flamed out because it’s 4 Pratt & Whitney F117-PW-100 engines ingested more water than they could handle.” I would be stating a fact, not any privileged information. Violating privilege would be if I told you how the aircraft came to be in a situation to ingest that much water. Probably al-Qaeda though, or the Democrats.

Don't believe me? This is exactly what was briefed to all the aircrew by Chief of Wing Safety at my base for our annual safety mishap training.

No I don’t believe you, or your Chief of Safety. You might as well have posted that you read it on Wikipedia. The COS is a guy they threw in that position to await a SQ/CC position. He may or may not be safety trained. If you had said your Chief of Flight Safety said it I still would not believe you, because it is wrong, and a safety trained guy would never say that.

Edited by Butters
  • Upvote 3

Easy....AIB isn't out yet.

Can't really believe this, but AIB is never going to be out. AMC/CC is not convening one. Apparently, he does not want the video to be seen by anyone. The SIB brief does not include it.

Seems they are going to recreate the vid with actors to use for CRM training.