Back Stabbing

Guest markmanning

Sure...every time there was a "cooperate and graduate" moment, many stud WSOs were looking over their shoulder and waiting for the cheating police to bust down the door. I had more than one stud WSO report to me that there had been "cheating" during the academics.

My response was, #1 are you really in here ratting out your bros, and #2, it's not cheating when the academic instructor gives you a 35-point review just minutes prior to proctoring the 35-point academic test.

Obviously this doesn't describe *every* WSO who I saw go through IFF...not by a long shot. But there were certainly more moments like this from the Navy-trained folk than from the USAF-trained folk.

What is it you're disagreeing with? Were you/are you an IFF instructor? I never went through Pensacola, but I sure saw plenty of the product of Pensacola that came through IFF on their way to the F-15E, and that's how I formed the opinion I posted.

My original post wasn't even about IFF, merely an observation of RND Navs while I was there FOR IFF...

I disagree that there is a lack of cooperate to graduate mentality among WSOs as a result of the Pensacola training. I didn't see it there, at IFF, or in the B-course. I think most people would agree that that kind of mentality/display of actions is a huge dick move, and they wouldn't be very well accepted in the community.

Everyone loves those 35 question reviews.

I had more than one stud WSO report to me that there had been "cheating" during the academics.

Ugh. Don't you just want to slap them for that?

Here's the speech we used to give on day 1 to the students at Nellis...

"Guys, the threat here is not academics. Work together to get through the academic material and tests. The tests are more a learning/teaching tool than an evaluation of how well you understand the technical material we are teaching. We expect you to know this stuff before you fly which is why the academics are given ahead of the flying phase. Don't worry, there will be an evaluation of your ability to show practical application of the academic material in the jet. Let me be clear, the demonstration of your ability to teach in the air what you learned on the ground is the threat."

I saw this from the Navs I met when I was at Randolph for IFF... They were ruthless, far beyond anything I saw in Pensacola. "Cooperate to graduate" is more than just a nice saying...

Gotta disagree. I thought Nav school was the epitome of "cooperate to graduate" (exception noted below)

I have to admit our class was doing quite well until one person decided to "go rogue" and not share information. He used good relationships with fellow students to set a few up for failure just so he could get a better assignment. It didn't work, but he took a few others down with him. He is persona non grata in many of my fellow navs homes.

So as a whole, I think "cooperate to graduate" was our slogan. We didn't leave anyone behind in academics and went out of our way to help those who "didn't get it". My class's average was higher than the previous 22 classes, so perhaps we were an anomaly, but I didn't see those problems in other classes either.

So as a whole, I think "cooperate to graduate" was our slogan.

Really? Was that because you couldn't convince your bros that "Power Point to graduate" should be your slogan?

Really? Was that because you couldn't convince your bros that "Power Point to graduate" should be your slogan?

ZING! Ha ha! That was hilarious...wait...

2rub7eoeem.jpg

To answer your question, yes. The rest of the GenY class wanted "Excel to graduate" and in the end we compromised on "cooperate to graduate", even though "cooperate" isn't a microsoft product

Edited by BQZip01