Lichte Joins EADS-NA Board

GearMonkey

According to AF Times:

"Gen. Arthur Lichte, who officially retired in January, now sits on the board of directors of EADS North America. A division of European Aeronautic Defence and Space Co., EADS North American announced Lichtes confirmation to the board Friday."

And I thought this acquisition bullshit couldn't get any worse.

Hey Art, did it ever cross your mind that this might not be the best time to run off and join the EADS board? I mean the whole improper contract award did happen under your watch at AMC. You didn't make the decision but I'm sure you argued the case for your boys. Did the thought even cross your mind that it might be good to sit this out just a bit longer while the current tanker competition wraps up? USAF has a bad reputation for senior leadership being in bed with industry. For the most part I think this reputation is unfair but your particular case is pushing the line if not blatantly crossing it. I'm not saying you shouldn't go earn a little post-USAF money, I'm just saying that it probably would have been better for everyone if you had been a little more careful in your selection of employer. Great work doing your part to help make the Air Force look good. Enjoy your millions.

Hey MGEN Eidsaune, I hear Anheuser Busch is hiring!

Edited by GearMonkey

This is where congress needs to have an inquiry.

On the bright side, there is no F'ing way EADS is winning the contract, so maybe he will have sold is reputation (such as it was) for nothing... oh, and a few million $. :banghead:

Guest Crew Report

According to AF Times:

"Gen. Arthur Lichte, who officially retired in January, now sits on the board of directors of EADS North America. A division of European Aeronautic Defence and Space Co., EADS North American announced Lichte’s confirmation to the board Friday."

And I thought this acquisition bullshit couldn't get any worse.

Hey Art, did it ever cross your mind that this might not be the best time to run off and join the EADS board? I mean the whole improper contract award did happen under your watch at AMC. You didn't make the decision but I'm sure you argued the case for your boys. Did the thought even cross your mind that it might be good to sit this out just a bit longer while the current tanker competition wraps up? USAF has a bad reputation for senior leadership being in bed with industry. For the most part I think this reputation is unfair but your particular case is pushing the line if not blatantly crossing it. I'm not saying you shouldn't go earn a little post-USAF money, I'm just saying that it probably would have been better for everyone if you had been a little more careful in your selection of employer. Great work doing your part to help make the Air Force look good. Enjoy your millions.

Hey MGEN Eidsaune, I hear Anheuser Busch is hiring!

The funny part is he lives in Spokane, WA. A huge Boeing supporter.