Camp Bastian

Guest NAVH3

Be careful mentioning that system in our forums. There are a couple of AF Safety Center members who troll our threads to see if any privileged info is being mentioned about mishaps. Apparently even recommending a look in AFSAS on here is a foul.

I raise the bullshit flag on that one. I'm an FSO, and I'm well aware of safety privilege and the like. Telling someone to ask their FSO to look in AFSAS is common sense. I have no idea about the answer to his question, but pointing him in the right direction (the right direction NOT being Baseops.net) to get an answer shouldn't be frowned upon, it should be applauded.

I'm was an FSO as well and think that's the right thing to do when someone starts a thread asking about an accident. Taking the time to sit down with your FSO and read safety reports involving your airframe is a great way to learn how to potentially not make the same mistake or end up in the same situation that someone else has.At least then the person hears first hand from their FSO about privilege and sees what the report actually says versus the gossip/rumors about what happened. However, our discussions/photos about some other incidents in these threads are seen by some people as stepping over the line and closely correlating to info in those reports.

[...]Apparently even recommending a look in AFSAS on here is a foul.

The word AFSAS is not privileged or classified. Recommending a look in AFSAS with the help of your FSO is not a foul. Those that would say so are only on a break from thier "calling" of multiple 365's to the Died...

Edited by BFM this

However, our discussions/photos about some other incidents in these threads are seen by some people as stepping over the line and closely correlating to info in those reports.

Good point. Exactly why telling someone to go to the FSO an have them look in AFSAS and get you the info is the right thing to do.