SAC is in the news

JS

I was also a little surprised to see a new MAJCOM that I'd never heard of, but alas it's only some sort of Strat Airlift Capability effort. Nice try though.

I was also a little surprised to see a new MAJCOM that I'd never heard of, but alas it's only some sort of Strat Airlift Capability effort. Nice try though.

My bad - misread it. Still doesn't look or sound right for C-17's to be flying as part of SAC. Kind of like when the AFCYBER provisional command tried to steal the old SAC patch as well.

My bad - misread it. Still doesn't look or sound right for C-17's to be flying as part of SAC. Kind of like when the AFCYBER provisional command tried to steal the old SAC patch as well.

or what looks like a Hungarian insignia on the tail above "SAC" but I guess as a NATO asset? It just looks like something is off a bit. Did Hungary Buy C-17s?

or what looks like a Hungarian insignia on the tail above "SAC" but I guess as a NATO asset? It just looks like something is off a bit. Did Hungary Buy C-17s?

Hungary "owns" one of the NATO Barneys.

They're registered to the country they're stationed, just like the NATO AWACS (which are registered to Luxembourg). Papa is in Hungary...

I think they weren't painted up in NATO markings like the E-3s were because many traditional NATO allies didn't participate, while a bunch of new ones (Czech Republic, Sweden, Hungary etc) are participating that haven't in the past. I think there's at least 2 non-NATO countries participating?

Airplanes #2 and #3 were just finished too and are flying, not sure if they're delivered yet...