Eastern Europe missile shield nixed

PapaJu

Maybe Gates should attend a few more intel briefings, because he's clearly not educated enough about the threat like some of the guys "in the know" on this thread.

Clearly nsplayr and the SECDEF disagree about the real role of this system. It is clearly about the Russians and has nothing to do with the Middle East.

Clearly nsplayr and the SECDEF disagree about the real role of this system. It is clearly about the Russians and has nothing to do with the Middle East.

Clearly I gave my own opinion. After reading the SECDEF's opinion, I'll maybe rethink the implications of the changes to the plan, but I haven't changed my mind that the original aims of the plan were a move to contain Russia. If you don't like my opinion maybe you should drink more beer and/or let it go...no one ever claimed any expertise here whatsoever.

Um...I think joe was being sarcastic?

...and I was echoing his sarcasm

Also, you can have an opinion on whatever you want...it's just wrong.

Cheers :beer:

We can't talk specifics about missile defense systems or about Russian technologies for combating missile defense systems on this forum, but just take a look at this picture, and think of the flight path of Russian ICBMs. Keep in mind that a large percentage of their arsenal is mobile. It's just physics.

Polar%20Stereographic.jpg

Edited by Gravedigger