Corpus Christi info

Guest joedirt

Any new housing gouge for NAS CC? I read somewhere that they were building new base housing. Anyone have any info on these? I like the convienience of living on base but I've heard the base housing isn't the greatest. Besides the island, any decent neighborhoods near base?

There are a few apartment complexes near the base that are pretty decent. As far as houses/townhouses go though, the island is the place to be.

The new houses on base are pretty nice. I havn't spent a whole lot of time in them, but they impressed me compared to the houses the guys had at columbus.

Also, being close was nice in phase 2, but it isnt as big a deal here since there is no flight rooms or formal brief/release. The island has houses with decks on the water and boat slips etc., plus the beach. Its all in what you want though, compared to any of the UPT bases you actually have some decent options depending on what you want/like. If you get selected to come here, try and make a trip out here to look at places during your 2 month break. I'm definitely glad we did. We got here on a Monday, spent all day inprocessing, then all day Tuesday/Wed. doing inprocessing briefs and medical crap, and started Thursday. Some people end up with a few weeks to kill before they start, but recently most people have been starting pretty quick after they get here.

Edited by MCO

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...
Guest Safe&Clear

I'm gonna get bashed for this, but here's a little something inbound Corpus guys might be interested in:

MUSTANG ISLAND SKYDIVING!!

We understand you're here to learn to fly-- not jump from-- a plane, but your girlfriend or your cousins might enjoy such a thrill

when they come for your Winging!

If you have your commercial license, there are also opportunities to hang out with us and fly some jumpers on the weekends.

And finally: Do you or your family/friends wanna see Mustang Island from the air? We do aerial tours, as well! (No jumping required!)

Check out: http://www.skydivesouthtexas.com/SkydiveSouthTexas.php

We are owned by a previous VT-35/ AC-130 Instructor Pilot. Military discounts offered for all our services, and if nothing else, come hang out in Port Aransas (Mustang Beach Airport-- KRAS) and introduce yourself! You haven't truly experienced Corpus until you come "Up-Island" and enjoy an afternoon on the beach.....post-2727-0-31483600-1295582386_thumb.jp

Edited by Safe&Clear