C-12's @ Elmo

Herk Norris

Fellas,

Curious if anyone has any info on this assignment. I remember it being a choice on the dream sheet at Corpus, but don't know much else. I desperately want to get to Alaska, and with the AD Herk's gone...it might be my only choice. Not to mention it was a blast to fly the C-12 at Corpus

Thanks in advance for the help

:rock:

Fellas,

Curious if anyone has any info on this assignment. I remember it being a choice on the dream sheet at Corpus, but don't know much else. I desperately want to get to Alaska, and with the AD Herk's gone...it might be my only choice. Not to mention it was a blast to fly the C-12 at Corpus

:rock:

What do you want to know? 2 planes, about 10 pilots. Part of 517 AS which also flies C-17s (switched from Hercs last year). Flies some awesome missions into some awesome places. Closest to FIXED WING bush flying I've seen in AF.

As mentioned in 130 thread, an active duty associate unit is supposed to stand up in '11 to fly Guard Hercs. And there are a handful of AD Herc guys in staffs or random assignments up here that fly with Guard now. So don't rule it out.

Edit for busted balls by rotary guys

Any Guidance on how to make the Assignment happen??

With only 10 total pilots, it sounds like one of those "Right Place/Right Time" Assignments

2 on the Bush Flying. That's kinda what intrigues me about the assignment.

Do you guys get quite a few hours? What's the timeline for Upgrade there

Thanks

Herk Norris

Guest TacAirDrvr
Any Guidance on how to make the Assignment happen??

With only 10 total pilots, it sounds like one of those "Right Place/Right Time" Assignments

2 on the Bush Flying. That's kinda what intrigues me about the assignment.

Do you guys get quite a few hours? What's the timeline for Upgrade there

Thanks

Herk Norris

You should consider the Red Flag Alaska gig, they have I think 4 or 5 Herc dudes up there that have LOA with the guard!!! Or just wait until 09 when the initial cadre start going up for the AD/Guard gig, and weasel your way in!

Guest TacAirDrvr
The Governor? :rock:

Thats the one, Scotty "HAMM" Lew....(Had A Minor Moment) I thought there were some others up there too still from the ol 517!

I know at least one guy at 11th who flies with AKANG--and I don't know many people up there. The AMLO also flies with them (and jumps with the Army).

Don't sell yourself short though, if you want to fly the 12 keep trying. There's 10 slots, someone has to get them.

OK,

So is the AMLO job available to 2nd Assignment Capt types. Being a single guy, sounds like an interesting Gig getting to fly and jump with the Army Boys in the Great North

How much/little do the AMLO Bubbas get to fly???

Yes to the first, I'll ask and get back to you on the 2nd. But advance guess...it ain't a [ flying assignment. You end up doing a lot of officer stuff for the ASOS, there's only 3 officers in the squadron and one is usually deployed.