Classic Thread - 1.5 mile run

Guest a_thomas

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From http://www.todays-woman.net/article1702.html

Internet Saftey: Respond vs. React – Dealing With Bullies On The Internet

....If the person seems to be just communicating you to harass, insult, or you get the feeling that they are being hurtful on purpose, then that person probably falls into one of the following categories: People who are idiots, People who are naturally mean (and would be in real life), and People who are trying to purposefully get a rise out of you for their own amusement. You can recognize these types of people if they use any of the following tactics:

1. Not making any logical sense in their communication.

2. Their communication has little, if any point to it.

3. The communication is filled with curse words, insults, and/or threatening language.

4. The communication may even be worded with correct grammar and a sense that they are stating a perfectly acceptable and even “righteous" statement, when the intent of the email is to hurt or anger you.

5. “Masked" threats, or hidden and subtle language that contains verbal “daggers" to get to you.

6. Continued communication to you, especially if you have chosen to ignore their actions.

7. The whole point of the communication is to insult you, demean or demoralize you, or to make you angry or fearful.

post-4818-1224213800_thumb.jpg

Reason number 1 why wantscheck is better........

Did you seriously think you weren't going to take any shit over your chest-beating, self-congratulatory thread about your decision to get off the couch?

Since you asked for constructive criticism, I'll give you some:

1) You could have handled this better. A post like "I recently started running again, does anyone have any advice on how to improve my time?" would have brought you no problems. But if you had searched, you would have found there are several running threads to begin with.

2) Think real hard next time before clicking the "New Thread" button.

HD

Guest ski&fly fast
After not working out or running for nearly 4 years, last week I started running again. I run 1.5 miles one day out of the week each week and I just finished my second week. I for one am proud of myself for doing this and I don't care if you guys call me out of shape because I feel accomplished! My last week time was 15:42:309. While this weeks time was 14:12:613. I've yet to run the whole 1.5 miles. :flipoff: I end up walking some portion of the run. But I'm just going to keep on keeping on.

Place constructive comments here

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

I would start off by running more than once a week, that will maintain, but will not give you the type of improvement I assume your hoping for- I would recommend trying hills because even when your walking it will help build more cardio strength. I would build yourself a plan with goals. For example, running continuously for 10 minutes (no matter what pace) then once you accomplish that, start to run farther and farther. Most people should be able to jog continuously for 30 minutes. Then, increase the pace, I would tell yourself to run every day, or bike, or play a sport, or something that involves cardio conditioning. :thumbsup:

This thread has actually served a useful purpose for me...

It killed 10 minutes at the Deid with some entertaining reading. Matter of fact, as I read it I see some people running past me. If I see another one I'll call them over for suggestions.

Guest TacAirDrvr
This thread has actually served a useful purpose for me...

It killed 10 minutes at the Deid with some entertaining reading. Matter of fact, as I read it I see some people running past me. If I see another one I'll call them over for suggestions.

I just want to see if this post will take this stupid ridiculous thread to the next page.

Guest TacAirDrvr

NO way....

The fourth page is MINE!!!

ALL MINE!!!

EDIT: DAMNIT!!!

Edited by TacAirDrvr