Military clause in contracts

BADFNZ

I'm trying to switch from cable to Dish Network or Direct TV before football season. Both places want an 18-month or 2-year committment to get a decent deal. If I sign up for one of these, would I be able to cancel my service when I leave for OTS without paying a fee? I know there's something like this for renters, just wondering if the same applied here.

I'm trying to switch from cable to Dish Network or Direct TV before football season. Both places want an 18-month or 2-year committment to get a decent deal. If I sign up for one of these, would I be able to cancel my service when I leave for OTS without paying a fee? I know there's something like this for renters, just wondering if the same applied here.

Kind of. The answer I got from Direct TV is if I move to Clovis, NM (god forbid), and they can provide service to that area (ie, mx, repair, etc), then I have to keep the contract.

Kind of. The answer I got from Direct TV is if I move to Clovis, NM (god forbid), and they can provide service to that area (ie, mx, repair, etc), then I have to keep the contract.

I wonder if going to OTS for 3 months and not having a TV is a good enough excuse.

Are dishes allowed on base anyways? I don't think I'll need 250 channels while at UPT.

You have to get a permit-- and then people have to come out to check out your property to make sure everything is OK, and THEN the dish people come out and make sure that you even have a good line of site for the Dishes.

Also, when we called around, Direct TV wanted us to sign a two yr contract with them, and since it was "satellite", Service would be good anywhere(generally speaking) so there was no way out of the contract.

Edited by Kayla