UPS Rush?

Guest Safe&Clear

Guest Safe&Clear

From the posts I'm reading on "Airline Pilot Central", UPS hiring process is pretty JACKED. Very confusing at the least...

Anybody on this board started the process yet? What obstacles are you running into?

Rumor is you cannot update your info once you've submitted it (unlike FedEx). Can anyone verify? I have absolutely everything except the ATP practical-- which I have scheduled two weeks from now-- but I'm afraid to submit without it for fear of not being able to add it later.

From the posts I'm reading on "Airline Pilot Central", UPS hiring process is pretty JACKED. Very confusing at the least...

Anybody on this board started the process yet? What obstacles are you running into?

Rumor is you cannot update your info once you've submitted it (unlike FedEx). Can anyone verify? I have absolutely everything except the ATP practical-- which I have scheduled two weeks from now-- but I'm afraid to submit without it for fear of not being able to add it later.

I'm by no means an expert on UPS hiring, but what I have read on forums is that if you answer "no" to the preliminary questions you get locked out. Hell, even if you answer "yes" to all the questions some dudes still get locked out and have to email HR. If I were you, I would wait to get my ATP. The chances of getting "furthered" without one are probably slim anyways, unless you have rec or someting, I don't know. I applied to a bunch of airlines a year or so ago without the ATP and I got zero calls.

Guest Tertle

For those interested in commercial flying, I know that Northwest Airlines here in Minneapolis is said to be trying to hire 200 new pilots.

For those interested in commercial flying, I know that Northwest Airlines here in Minneapolis is said to be trying to hire 200 new pilots.

Cracka, please.

Don't pitch your nose into a fight without SA.

Unless you were intentionally being the high/fast flyer "detonator" with this post.

That rumor is correct. One of our other pilots started his application from home and then discovered he didn't have his ARMS rip there, so he entered all zeros for his flight times. DOH! Murphy's Law being what it is, the system locked him out and he has been in a duel with HR for the past 6-9 months. Last week he told me that they have since "unlocked" his account and he's updated his app.

Guest Dwight Schrute
I also hear that is a great place to work out of, lots of stuff to do in the airport while you are waiting to fly...

I am not sure if that was meant to be funny, but I laughed my ass off when I read it. We got a guy who flies for UPS in my unit. Their hiring process is way goofy, but so is FedEx. Wait until you have your ATP for any of the majors/box haulers.

Guest Safe&Clear
So how does one go about getting the "FCC restricted radiotelephone operator permit" that UPS requires to apply?

Go to the FCCs website, fill out an online questionnaire, give em your credit card number, and they send you one for $60!! It's just another Fed buraeucracy where somebody's taking in cash and wasting it...