EWO Prowler tour

Guest mikedjp

Guest mikedjp

Does anyone know if you have to be a strike/fighter EWO to do a prowler tour? Can you get it if you are an EWO on say an EC-130 or anything else that comes out of randolph?

Guest Hoser

Even though we have some guys that have gone thru the EWO course, most of the guys that have gone Prowlers from the 15E community were WSO/non EWO guys.

Hoser

Guest Lightninbo

FYI.... they tell you it is possible to go prowlers if you are an ewo out of the 563rd....however I believe it is just their ploy to make EWO crap look cool, very much like their free beer, and foosball table behind the doors. I just did a year at rnd and dont know anyone who went to prowlers.

A guy I know just accepted a remote to ROK and one of the slots open to him were Prowlers. So it is possible, you may have to takeone for the team (STS) but it's possible. Also the navy is going to start ditching the Prowler for the Growler by '08 so not sure how that's going to pan out for the AF folks.

Cooter

...PACOM bound

Actually there is a student finishing up right now at Randolph who is going to Prowlers. He already has a follow-on to F-15Es. Obviously he came to us from Pensacola.

Incidentally we're supposed to get a bunch of F-15E WSOs this summer too. Guess it's the only way to get an ops-to-ops tour.

PBAR

563 FTS instructor

Guest Hoser
Originally posted by pbar:

Incidentally we're supposed to get a bunch of F-15E WSOs this summer too. Guess it's the only way to get an ops-to-ops tour.

One of them is from my old Ops squadron. His follow on is to Alaska. Is this becoming SOP?

Hoser

[ 16. May 2006, 10:57: Message edited by: Toro ]

Guest mikedjp

pbar, so not too many cases of studs coming from the 562 to the 563 and then going to prowlers?

Boobies, yea, the 9th BS at Dyess.

Hoser, not sure about whether it's SOP but it sounds like it was a plan by your assignment bubba to get guys to actually want to come to EWO school by dangling the ops-to-ops carrot in front of them. From what I understand, nobody in F-15Es wants to come to EWO straight out of Pensacola, or at least that's what the F-15E bubbas on staff here say. I'd say your assignment guy is clever...

Nope, nobody goes from the 562 to the 563 thence to Prowlers. Like I said, I've only seen one guy in a year go to Prowlers from here and he graduated from P-cola.

However, the new EC-130H patch that we just got says he's seen some Compass Call EWOs go to Prowlers. I hear Buff EWOs go sometimes too. Probably your only way to get to a Prowler if you didn't go to P-cola.

PBAR

Guest mikedjp

thanks for the info. i've still got a long way to go yet, just curioius about the options available.

mike