Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Baseops Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BFM this

Supreme User
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BFM this

  1. BFM this replied to a post in a topic in General Discussion
    I'm w/C150J: spent a summer flying skydivers in a King Air and Twin Otter--both PT6 powered like the Tex, not a type rating to my name. And the feds like to visit skydive outfits--got to know several of the local FSDO reps, they would have pointed it out if my "turbojet" interpretation of Pt61 was inaccurate. Like they tried to point out that I needed High Alt for the King Air, which would never pressurize again since we'd taken off the door and drilled holes in it for the hand rails--I had that signoff though.
  2. BFM this replied to a post in a topic in General Discussion
    IFTex, You're a PP-SEL flying the t-6; it's just a SEL airplane that doesn't require a type rating so log away. Since the feds consider any turbojet a typed aircraft, I'm not sure how my t-37 time will go in my logbook until I start solo sorties. :confused:
  3. From a nubee's perspective: I just thought he was in a hurry to get back; IE burner to short final, boards to get configured, etc. Didn't think of it as a method to burn down extra gas...
  4. BFM this replied to a post in a topic in General Discussion
    Eh, I used to make that argument as well. But when you take a close look at the "solely by reference to instruments" clause, the gray line starts to shift a little; I can take a VFR airplane (no gyros) and fly it in 0 vis (horizontal) if I got one eye on the ground (or the sky if "on top") as a reference. May be tough to hold a heading but at least I can keep the butter side up. Take away that last reference and I better have sumthin spining! ME, G, II [ 06 February 2004, 22:10: Message edited by: flyinjunky ]

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.