172 RAGE

Guest I(HEART)PLANES

Guest PhiPsiViper

I apologize like my buddy I heart planes we were just kidding around on the level of craziness of it all. it got out of hand and some people went to far with it including myself. Not for one second did we ever consider doing any of those manuevors day or night. sO CAN THIS DIE PLEASE

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by FsuEagle:

sO CAN THIS DIE PLEASE

I dunno...maybe when you take your "coming soon: 172 rage...be ready" quote out of your signature line

This whole thread is just hilarious. Why don't you guys try some comm-out tactical turns while you're at it: "Cessna 2, cross turn!" HAHA

Guest STLCFII
I(HEART)PLANES: The bottom line is this. Can we fly form, by regulation? Yes, as long as pilots agree and we are in Class G.
Just that something is not against the regs doesn't make it smart to do. Going out and doing something that you have never done before and have no training on is just plain stupid. Just remember, any maneuver that would be considered cool would probably have the nose up/down 30 degrees and wings banked over 60 degrees. What that means is whatever cool maneuvers you're thinking of doing would probably require a parachute! Ofcourse, you can skip those kind of maneuvers, but who would want to watch a 172 fly straight and level for a whole vid. Hope you come to your senses and figure out that this stupid stunt is not worth the risk. Remember, if you're dead you can kiss flying in the military goodbye!

Must...let...thread...die...but...I can't seem to...stop myself...

Originally posted by I(HEART)PLANES:

Yes, as long as pilots agree and we are in Class G.

Actually there's nothing that says you couldn't fly form in Class A if it's arranged btw the pilots.

"Atlanta center, Lancair 123YZ with you FL180, flight of two..."

Heart, Eagle and Wannabe,

You guys are missing the point. It’s not whether or not you perform the "crazy" maneuvers that has brought objection from our peanut gallery, it’s the whole concept. You guys have an extremely low level of experience and yet you want to fly formation at night while distracted with an objective (filming).

It's just a really bad idea. Common sense should kick in and override your arrogance. If it doesn't, you will eventually die doing something "cool" and will probably take someone with you.

By the way, you do know that quite a few active/guard/reserve pilots frequent this board, right? If they figure out who you are and take it to the next level, you have zero chance of a flying career in the USAF.

Make sure you tell us when you guys are doing this so we can watch for you in the news.

--------------

Wxpunk