AGR to OTS chances

mett-tc

This is my first post here. I am currently in an Army Unit as an ANG enlisted guy. I'm no longer at a Wing, so I have limited resources available to talk to not only AF guys, but also Pilots. I am bound in a 3 year tour with this unit (2 left), but I want to get on the power curve early to make any changes to make myself more marketable. The following are my stats.

Current stats-

AFOQT: 98 Pilot, 70 Nav, Mid 80s everything else

PCSM: 78

Flight Hours: 14

Degree: A.A.S. in Emergency Management (Graduate in May with a B.A. in Emergency Management)

Misc: ALS, NCOA, Eagle Scout, SSgt

By the time 1st AGR tour is done (**denotes 50/50 chance)-

AFOQT: 98 Pilot, 70 Nav, Mid 80s everything else

PCSM: 86

Flight Hours: 40

Degree: B.A., in Emergency Management, M.A. in Emergency Management**

Misc: SEJPME, Air Assault, Pathfinder**, TSgt

My supervisor wants to get me into OTS and go the AD route to be a pilot since that is my ultimate goal. My questions are 1) what changes can I make to my plan to get picked up from Guard to AD? 2) How many times should I try and interview for AD before looking at the Guard for pilot slots? and 3) What additional misc courses would stand out for an interview panel (Army or Air courses)?

Thank you for the help.

Hey man,

I was enlisted in the Air Guard for 9.5 yrs (agr for 2 yrs post college)before i went to OTS. I applied to Air Guard units (2 of them), at age 25 I applied to a rated OTS board and got picked up first try. It was a year before I left for OTS. As long as your in UPT by age 30 your good. My suggestion is take flying lessons, keep your nose clean and get good grades. I'm currently active duty teaching UPT. Pm if you have any more questions. Cheers

Planephlyer

• 4 weeks later...

1. you shouldn't have to do much. volunteer and be a good performer at work.

2. as many as you like. just verify there are pilot slots when you submit. you should be able to separate early via form 368 (?) though i'm a traditional and a technician so my process may be different than yours. \

3. you package looks good. get your PPL maybe, though I was just selected with the same amount of hours as you for AD UPT.