Air Force UPT and IFF syllabus guide? ARB insight?

I'm trying to locate a current UPT and IFF syllabus guide. I know in Naval flight training, there is a particular guide book that is issued to students that lists all the flight events with briefing points, skills to be performed in block and what is required to meet MIF in block.

So my question: Does this exist for Air Force UPT and IFF?

Another question: Where can I get a current electronic copy?

Bonus question: Is there anyone here that has ever served on an Aeronautical Review Board (ARB) or been through one that I can PM for additional questions? I've already read the few threads here on ARB's, but need some insight beyond what's been said already. Many beer's can be provided if we ever cross path's.

To qualify my response, I was a student Naval Aviator at Pensacola, and yes we were provided a student guide that listed every single darn thing they wanted you to know on every single event. However, as both a student pilot AND instructor pilot in JSUPT with the USAF there exists no such official "guide". The syllabus simply described the flying events with MIF but there is no section that says "be able to draw the electrical system on C3001" or "describe the course rules on C1001"...etc. The USAF takes a much more firehose approach to the subject. I expected my studs to have everything studied and memorized on flight 1 of the block..contact, form, low level, instruments..whatever. You had to know everything on every sortie, and it was dealers choice as to what GK we asked, as it was all expected to be known. But those 12 hrs a day in the flight room leave you plenty of time to learn it :)

Perhaps you could illuminate your desired impact point with this question...? Are you on the receiving end or giving end of this ARB?

To be clear - you're not looking for a syllabus, but an official (USAF sanctioned and approved) guide in addition to the syllabus? I can't speak for all UPT bases, but I think the answer is going to be no. There are plenty of squadrons (including mine) that have guides, but generally it's only for the first few rides in phase of flying so the students have an idea of what maneuvers they should plan on flying and it establishes continuity from IP to IP.

As far as what is required to meet MIF, that is definitely in the syllabus - there's an entire section on it. Some items are very clearly defined (usually dealing with altitude and airspeed deviations) while others can be a little more subjective (things like airmanship and task management).

I have sat on two Training Review Boards (TRBs - the last administrative step before being removed from pilot training). If you PM me with a .mil address I'd be happy to send you our syllabi and syllabus guide.

Perhaps you could illuminate your desired impact point with this question...? Are you on the receiving end or giving end of this ARB?

I'm looking to maybe submit for an ARB (it's a very weird situation that would take a while to explain). I'm in the research phase, and one thing that would help is knowing what syllabus and maneuver items are accomplished in UPT and IFF. I think I have a UPT syllabus guide in hand now, so looking for a breakdown of IFF events now.

Toro: PM on the way

You will not, and should not receive these publications. Your IPs will tell you what you need to know or study, beyond that I suspect you washed out and are looking for a case, which I say, move on.

And your grade book shows the MIF items, which apparently you do not know, so therefore not in UPT.

Edited by matmacwc

I'm looking to maybe submit for an ARB (it's a very weird situation that would take a while to explain). I'm in the research phase, and one thing that would help is knowing what syllabus and maneuver items are accomplished in UPT and IFF. I think I have a UPT syllabus guide in hand now, so looking for a breakdown of IFF events now.

Toro: PM on the way

I would love to take the time to hear your tale...

But i don't understand some things - you are alluding to having been in UPT. You had full access to a syllabus and MIF items. But, having been there, you should know that knowing MIF had nothing to do with getting though. You do your best and the grade sheets will work themselves out. You should have had a chance to discuss any issues at your CR with the wg/cc, though I've been to plenty and usually the guy in the other chair just takes his licks like a man and moves on to something better suited his talents. I have never seen anyone try to queep their way out of it. The train has left the station so far behind to have made it to the CR, that to quibble over MIF and Syllabus at that point would be moot - if the syllabus wasn't followed, and it was detrimental to your progress, then you would have returned from the CR. If the syllabus dev was insignificant and didn't have anything to do with your failure reason, then it wouldn't make much difference. Your TIMS records would have been reviewed and any syllabus deviation would have been a major flag.

Standing by for your story...nothing else of interest going on!