AFRC downsizing

Not an AFRC issue, but has anyone heard anything about any ANG units closing? I thought I heard someone at my reserve unit (leadership) say that one of the ANG AOG units was closing down (Connecticut, I thought I heard). No aiplanes involved if so, but really makes it difficult to stay in the ARC, as more and more and ARC units close.

With the cancellation of the C-130 AMP program. We are looking at losing some of the Reserve and Guard aircraft.

Another question I had is one day we wont need all of the Predator aircraft. That is a lot of Reserve and Guard jobs.

The next DOD budget briefing is on the 26th.

• 2 weeks later...

So according to the details that were released yesterday, the Air Force is going to retire a total of 65 C-130's. The Buffalo Times has a story this morning stating that Niagara Falls ARS may be at risk. I'm sure they're guessing/speculating but as there will be two more rounds of BRAC (at least DoD is going to ask for that), and Niagara was in the sights to be closed the last 2 BRAC's, I'm sure there's reason to be concerned there. Guess we'll have to wait for more details. As I've said before, it's getting harder and harder to stay in, as the bases close or lose airplanes.

Air Force Secretary Michael Donley said the service plans to send proposals to Capitol Hill that would cause the Reserve and Guard components to take measures similar to those used in the active-duty force over the past few years. The breakdown for fiscal 2013 totals 5,100 guardsmen and 900 reservists, Donley said.

http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2012/02/air-force-michael-donley-guard-reserve-source-most-cuts-020212w/

Air Force Secretary Michael Donley said the service plans to send proposals to Capitol Hill that would cause the Reserve and Guard components to take measures similar to those used in the active-duty force over the past few years. The breakdown for fiscal 2013 totals 5,100 guardsmen and 900 reservists, Donley said.

http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2012/02/air-force-michael-donley-guard-reserve-source-most-cuts-020212w/

Ouch

• 1 month later...