IG investigation against 121 ARW/CC

B52gator

Not possible in AFRC.

Like active duty, we get new DOs, OG/CCs, and WG/CCs every 2-4 yrs. And just like active duty, sometimes they are shit-hot leaders...sometimes not so much.

Shack.

You can call me out all day. Anyone that denies the underlying truth of what I said is either not familiar or not objective.

The point is you have no data to support your claim, besides your opinion or impression - meaning "not familiar or not objective". AFRC's structure might have helped to prevent this particular case, but there are lots of senior folks in the AFRC system who never move (just like the ANG), and, in my opinion, as bad if not worse than what you attribute to the ANG.

By the way, a quick Google of "Air Force Sex Scandal" is rife with AD cases. Wow, an nonobjective look might attribute that to all the PCS'ing!

Edited by Crog

i certainly think the ANG/AFRC have more "fishing from the company dock" type shenanigans than the active duty just due to the arrangement and the ability to build long-term relationships, pick your tdy partners, hire whoever you want (i've seen more than one dumb hot chick hired for tdy use only), and the ability to isolate behavior from mother AF..

I can say that having flown with both the ANG and AFRC (and AD), neither is better than the other and both are "looser" than the AD. it is what it is, sometimes you're the dog, sometimes you're the fire-plug. ..

Edited by bagasticks

Not possible in AFRC.

Like active duty, we get new DOs, OG/CCs, and WG/CCs every 2-4 yrs. And just like active duty, sometimes they are shit-hot leaders...sometimes not so much.

Shack.

Never say never or impossible. A check of any random AFRC unit would prove you both wrong. No branch is immune from this kind of crime.

Edited by Crog

Never say never or impossible. A check of any random AFRC unit would prove you both wrong. No branch is immune from this kind of crime.

I didnt say AFRC was immune to this buffoonery (please reread the thread). I said it was impossible for someone to rise up through the ranks from enlisted to WG/CC at one base---as was stated earlier.

Nepotism can be found in all branches, however, due to deeply imbedded traditions and its inherent structure, it can be a SERIOUS hurdle in the ANG.

The point is you have no data to support your claim, besides your opinion or impression - meaning "not familiar or not objective".

You forgot one important element - experience. Some people have experience with all the elements of the Total Force at a level above line pilot.

Therefore, it is possible for a person to be quite familiar and have enough personal experience to form an objective opinion.

Think what you want. I know what is true.

I didnt say AFRC was immune to this buffoonery (please reread the thread). I said it was impossible for someone to rise up through the ranks from enlisted to WG/CC at one base---as was stated earlier.

Nepotism can be found in all branches, however, due to deeply imbedded traditions and its inherent structure, it can be a SERIOUS hurdle in the ANG.

Isn't there a big "N/A AFRES" written in pencil on the sidewall of the UCMJ?

Nope. I know of a SMSgt (second award) who is living proof of that.