Competitive Balance at UPT

SteadyStick

HOW TO WIN AT UPT:

1. DONT STUDY ON SATURDAYS

2. SOUND COOL ON THE RADIO

#1, Technique only. #2, yes.

Some of the best studying I ever did was on Saturdays. Saturdays was always a good day to review the things I had previously crammed for and then jettisoned 69% of. Saturdays are a good day to sit around the pool or watch a game or hang with the bros and have a little fun while you study. Again, technique only.

I would add another basic rule:

3. BE SILENT FROM PREFLIGHT TO SHUTDOWN (unless you want the IPs to think you would be a good FAIP)

Depends on what you mean by "take it out on the studs."

Every community has guys with chips on their shoulders.

FAIPs are probably the single group most entitled (edit: except Predator guys) to have a chip and it is a good thing so few do. Few, but still some.

I completely agree with you as far as people having a chip on their shoulder. I am part of a great squadron and any of the guys who fit that mold are pretty good about keeping it to themselves. Not to say that we dont have them, but they dont treat studs who want a T-38 differently because of it. If I found out one of my IPs was doing that, there would be hell to pay. We are in the business of developing these young guys and gals into the next generation of warfighters, and I personally feel it is my job to give every stud the best possibility to get what they want out of T-6s.

:beer:

Depends on what you mean by "take it out on the studs."

Every community has guys with chips on their shoulders.

FAIPs are probably the single group most entitled (edit: except Predator guys) to have a chip and it is a good thing so few do. Few, but still some.

Maybe that's how it was in the early 2000s when a typical 38 drop was almost all fighters. These days, FAIP is a good deal.

Edited by Seriously

Thanks to all of you for the advice, this was exactly the kind of insight that I was hoping for.

I am happy to hear that there is no disadvantage to helping the other studs out, I would much prefer that type of environment anyway.

I will be sure to take to heart the tips you guys offered during UPT.

I am aware that this thread was probably placed in the wrong area of the site, but thanks for not "hammering my nuts" too bad.