McConnell AFB info

Guest riceowl63

Anyone have any updated information on base housing at McConnell AFB, KS? I will report around 21 January to the 349th and am trying to get an idea on any details staying on base (or off if on base sucks). Am qualified for a 4 bdrm

There are new duplex style houses and there are old houses. They are in the process of moving people out of the old houses and tearing them down build more duplexes. It is a crap shoot what you will get. There are lot's of areas within a 5 minute drive that are nice.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have recommendations on living near old town versus elsewhere. I am a single 1LT. Any specific reviews on downtown appts? I am expecting to start my 60 day deployments three or four months after I get there (my buddies who have already shown up are being told it will take that long to deploy), is this realistic?

Per the Vol 1 - You are allowed 45 days to in-process prior to starting MCT. Once in MCT, you are allowed 90 days. Most people finish way ahead of that. Deployments depend on the squadron Co-Pilot strength. I've seen as early as 2.5 months to as late as 6 or 7 months from arrival.

Housing is nice for the money. There are a lot of young guys living downtown. With the DUI rate lately, it's not a bad idea if you're a drinker. I'm surprised more people aren't rooming up more. Being gone 200 days out of the yr, you might as well make some money by splitting the cost. I'm selling a 2500 sq ft, 5 bed, 3 bath, 3 car, brick front, granite countertops, stainless steel apps, hardwood floors, and larger yard for 235k., just to give you an idea.