Guest PilotKD
Originally posted by scoobs:

Can you deploy with other units? Some units have more work then they can handle and others go without.

You can deploy with AD units if you're in the mood for a little fun in the sun in the sand box.

Guest brrttshwn

Scoobs,

I'm in the unit just fininshing up UPT. If you have any specific questions PM me.

Guest PilotKD
Originally posted by scoobs:

Are tanker units deploying for 3 months to the dez?

60 days minimum. 2-3 of these, on average, per year. We don't do AEF's like the Herc or fighter guys do. We swap out crews/jets every week. This is AD, BTW.

Guest Slilock
Originally posted by PilotKD:

60 days minimum. 2-3 of these, on average, per year. We don't do AEF's like the Herc or fighter guys do. We swap out crews/jets every week. This is AD, BTW.

Guest Slilock
Originally posted by JVBFLY:

I never knew Herks were LD/HD...HD maybe, but no way on the LD. How many Herks does the AF own? I would guess they are probably HD/HD.

And how many are restricted and not able to fly due to wing box cracks? My old squadron (61st) has one E-Model that they can fly under restrictions. They had to get all aircrew trained on H3's and now have borrow planes from the ANG/ARC to fly/deploy and share planes with the 50th.

[ 09. July 2006, 12:17: Message edited by: Slilock ]

• 5 years later...
Guest tanker dude

Does anybody have any info on the SLC unit? Have they finished the conversion to the R model? Is bumming a possibility?

Thread revival....Looking to network with dudes from the 151st....Currently I'm active duty KC-135s, looking to possibly get out and I'd like to get the current status on the Unit. Any reply would be much appreciated.