Wearing Jump Wings at UPT

Originally posted by brabus:

I saw a dude that graduated from my det a year ago last week. He's a contracting officer at Peterson and HAS the spwings. He thinks it's the gayest idea ever. So does everyone in space command get them or something? I forgot to ask. And being a contractor, he has nothing to do with pushing buttons or "flying" satellites.

All of the 1st LT 62/63s in our org are wearing them and we're under AFMC. However, we deal w/ ICBMs so technically we're under AFSPC too (funding wise), and we're considered working in a "space operation career field." From what I've been told, after a year of working under AFSPC, you have to wear them.

They look like something from Star Trek...

Guest cb03t
Originally posted by Toro:

If you earned them, wear them

04-198.jpg

Unless they look like that

Whenever I see these things I think of Star Trek. Why should the Space/Missile types get different wings? I don't get it.

Guest warthoghopeful

Academy grads aren't the only ones who earned jump wings from the academy...and they are just as legitimate as any jump wings earned from Airborne

There's nothing wrong with taking pride in that accomplishment, just don't be a dick about it. You earned the right to wear them, so wear them. I plan on it.

Originally posted by cb03t:

Whenever I see these things I think of Star Trek. Why should the Space/Missile types get different wings? I don't get it.

Everybody has different wings - pilots have different wings than WSOs. It's a different rating.

Guest 06pilot

I am a U.S. Army Paratrooper. I have seen plenty of AF officers wearing jump wings they earned at the Academy. Its perfectly legal