New Huey platform...

Guest C-21 Pilot

Guest C-21 Pilot

11/7/2005 - RANDOLPH AIR FORCE BASE, Texas -- TH-1H Huey II is the latest aircraft to join the Air Force inventory. It will serve as the undergraduate pilot training platform. This new helicopter is in position near the west control tower here for the base open house event Nov 5 and 6. Some major exterior differences from its predecessors are an enlarged nose, wider main rotor blades and the tail rotor is now on the starboard side for better performance. Inside it has undergone an extensive refurbishment including upgraded components and a new avionics suite with a glass cockpit. Current plans call for 24 of these former Army UH-1H helicopters to be upgraded.

New Huey Platform

Guest inpayne

cool......i guess. a couple weeks ago a huey landed in our football field, before a big football game. it was pretty cool. people complained about the wind...psh it wasnt that bad.

Guest ruckerstud

Does anyone know what engine they finally went with? I know when I was their they were talking about 700/701s, or possibly the engine used in the commanche ( I have no idea what it was). Thanks