Online Degrees

scoobs

Guest Walter_Sobchak

Holy thread revival, Batman!

Anybody know if the Air Force will let somebody switch schools/programs after TA has begun? After beginning a M.A., I'm somewhat underwhelmed. As a result, I'm giving serious thought to switching to a different program. I'm still looking at options and will be meeting with the base education types tomorrow, but I was just wondering if anybody's had experience with this.

Guest pavesooner

We just got briefed that Tuition assistance for this year is almost out....IE may not be around for the 4th quarter....It is budgeted just like everything else, so this doesnt surprise me....I had never heard of this happening before....

Has anyone else heard this?

Guest rurban12
Originally posted by 123abc:

... First of all, I havent heard of many pilots being released to do the full-time school thing, and second of all, those officers that do get this incredible deal of being paid while going to grad school full time are usually "fast burners" in specialized technical programs...

What's the process for this program? Is it something that you can compete for? A client of mine did this while in the Army, and said he only had to give them two more years after he graduated. He completed his MBA full-time, pretty much had his choice of school, etc. He's really trying to sell me on the idea, but I figured it would be tough to pull off as a pilot.

[ 25. April 2005, 20:58: Message edited by: rurban12 ]