2AS going 50/50 AD/AL

There has been a lot of up and down talk but I think its going to happen any day now: 2AS here at no hope is going to cut the squad 50/50 airdrop and airland only...50% would loose their airdrop qual once their currencies run out. My guess is the 41st will do the same once they're back. Just an FYI. Hey how's Dyess doing??

Has anybody seen any air force time articles on deployment rates lately? I remember seeing things in there a lot about who was deployed the most and haven't seen anything like that in a while. Maybe they don't want to show that its the good ole Herk doing a lot of the work now a days...who would want those mission hackers to get some credit??

[ 20. April 2005, 20:03: Message edited by: FreudianSlip ]

We've been hearing that rumor for a few weeks now, but not from anyone of significance. I flew with the boss about 2 weeks ago and she said "it's not likely."

Are you guys hearing something different from the top? Or is this just another of the 800 rumors that get started each week about how we're going to H2s/J models/6 month deployments/Talil/1.5 crew ratio/ yadda yadda yadda?

Unfortunately, going to 50% AD is just putting another tiny patch in the giat gaping hole AMC has made for it's self with the groundings and tail restrictions. I've really yet to hear a viable solution to what I would consider one of the biggest problems the AF is facing right now.

nothing from the top but I was looking at the crew list for the ORI after the umptenth itteration and there was a remark next to each crew (ie: LD/NAL, AD/NAL, NAL Only) My take on it was they were remixing the crews to reflect who was/wan't going to remain airdrop. I'm pretty low on the tottempole over hear, and yup, just another rumor really, but the Flt CCs were brought into the DOs office and asked how to implement who would and who wouldn't stay AD about 2-3 weeks ago then I haven't heard anything since.

Our leadership was pushing for 100% single ship AD vrs the 50/50 concept which I thought was smarter but I think he lost out on his arguement.

And I agree, I don't think this whole 50/50 thing is going to solve any problems...if anything I think its going to make things harder now and down the road.

U in Ali right now?

yeah, its the 50% AD thing; its been in the works for about a month or so. Higher ups directed us to make it work and there has been a selection process on who is/isn't going to keep their qual. We'll find out in a few hours what all the details and who is/isn't on the list.

me

Guest HueyPilot
Dyess has no plans to do the same.
To add on that...not only is Dyess NOT doing the 50% AD/AL thing, but we're trying like hell to cram 50 people on one airplane to get everyone recurrent in Tac before we deploy again this summer.

if anybody is curious, i did find an answer to my question about deployment rates. it was in an air force times from feb i think, and yup u guessed it: Herks lead the way. Finially we're number one in something!!!

also if anybody is curious, the 2AS was told by our WG/CC that all AMC Herk units were offered several months ago by HQ/AMC to reduce their AD capabilty by 25%....nobody took them up on it.

Lastly I might have misspoke; technically I guess the higher ups haven't signed off on 50/50 but they were the ones who pushed and individuals in the 2nd haven't been identified who will/will not be AD. In fact those going on the ORI, there will be AL only crews. Now I can get my assualts finished off...yeah!