Jarhead's Farewell Missive

LJDRVR

Wow! I heard of us cutting corners a few times when I was still on AD, but I never remember it being THAT bad! He must have been in Harriers or working on the Osprey to have lost that many Bud's! If that was really his life, I guess I can't fault him for the letter! If it's real, to all of them.

Guest Mondul

Damn. I hope someone with stars on their shoulders reads this and takes action. As for the author-I would be interested to hear IF/WHAT he said to his CO before he ops out.

Because I know nothing about the day to day business of the Marine Corps, I emailed my Dad the link and this is what he had to say:

SOUNDS LIKE HE'S A LITTLE STRESSED. SAME OLD STORY. DON'T THINK THIS DIDN'T GO ON WHEN I WAS IN "THE SUCK", BECAUSE IT DID. THIS GUY NEEDS TO GET A PAIR AND EITHER WHISTLE BLOW OR GET THE F!@#$%G PLANES IN THE AIR... WE ARE FIGHTING A MOTHER F!@#$%G WAR! IF THIS SOUNDS HEARTLESS, IT IS; I BELIEVE VERY LITTLE THIS GUY IS SAYING. IF IT WERE TRUE, PLANES WOULD BE DROPPING OUT OF THE SKY DAILY. I HATE MOTHER F!@#$%S THAT TALK S#$T ABOUT THE CORPS.

SEMPER FI

My Dad served 20 years in the Corps, served in Desert Storm/Shield & Somolia.