Moody AFB information

Guest newflyer

Guest nickarij

You will definately not be there past April of 2007. AETC is slotted to be completely out of there by then. The only 38s they have there right now are for IFF, not UPT, so you'd be moving for phase 3 anyway. (Remember, though, this is the Air Force, so anything is possible and nothing I said above is set in stone until it actually happens.) :)

• 1 month later...

Help!

My wife, two dogs and I are moving to Moody next Friday. We've found a place to stay, but it won't be available for us to move into for an additional week. We will be staying in the TLFs until then, so we can't have the dogs with us. Does anyone have any recommendations of good kennels or ones to stear clear of?

Thanks!

Guest nickarij

I've heard great things about Wachter Engle Kennels. I couldn't find the phone number to reserve a spot when we moved here last month and ended up putting our dog at Northside Vet. Most places here just have the basic cage type kennel, but Wachter Engle lets the dogs run around a huge yard during the day. We drove by after we moved into our house and I wish we would have put our dog in there. I will definately use them the next time we go out of town. Their phone number is (229) 794-3647. If you want some numbers for other vets/kennels in the area, let me know.

Guest hmm0205

i will second that, wachter engle is the best. I miss taking my dog there so much. the lady that owns it is a police dog trainer so she knows what she is doing. She keeps a lot of dogs for people even for entire deployments. My dog would practically jump out of the car when we got there. They aren't in cages until they go to sleep, so during the day they get to run around and play with other dogs in this huge open area. She also pairs the dogs according to size, so the little dogs are in one open area and the huge dogs in another. I really wish we had a place like that here.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Splashes42

Thanks so much for the tip on Wachter Kennels! (This is the spouse of Nightrider.) We moved Memorial Day weekend, and as you can imagine, she was booked solid...but she helped us out by taking them in anyway because she had an unannounced cancellation by the time we arrived in Valdosta. Our dogs loved it there and we felt confident we were leaving our pups in good hands. Totally reccommend them.