Fuel Dumping

Guest forcemac

Originally posted by Xtndr50boom:

^^ Maybe they're not dumping fuel? Maybe it's something more sinister

I think those guys have been exposed to some other type of "chemical". Also called PCP or heroin. There are some serious crack-pots out there! Hey boom, you're not a contributing member to that website are you??? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Toro:

KC-135s cannot dump, correct?

I believe BUFF's cannot dump, that may be what you are thinking of. A BUFF guy told me that their Max TO weight is something close to 500,000 pounds and their max landing weight is somewhere around 277,000. This means that on a takeoff emergency they are droning with the boards out in max power for quite a while to burn some gas down.

Maybe a B-52 guy can elaborate more on this.

Ran into this issue flying last night. Orbiting out off the coast to support the Navy guys, they started cancelling lines due to wx (took off at about 310 GW) and we knew we were going to be way too fat to land. Luckily (I guess), they asked us to orbit there the whole duration in case they could launch later, so we pushed it up while waiting. Ended up hitting only 6 receivers (instead of the usual 30) before they told us they were calling it quits for the night. We dropped our gear and flew home with the gear down to try and burn off as much as we could (only a 20 min flight home). By the time we got back we were able to work a waiver (after a half-hour of holding) and landed at about 215. Working the waiver was enough pain, glad we didn't have to worry about trying to get permission to dump.

Guest Xtndr50boom

C-21, I'm actually a member of a rival site, the freedom fighters of lower indianapolis. We believe the other sites have been taken in by either the UN world government or the pentaverate. The Rothchilds and the colonel are the biggest perpetrators of these sorts of shenanigans anyway so it wouldn't surprise me, you'd agree with me if you weren't part of it.

Bender

^^Thanks for pointing that out for me. :D

VV that guy down there smokes pole....

[ 23. April 2006, 23:31: Message edited by: Xtndr50boom ]