F35 flies this week?

Guest Tertle

Guest ShortThrow

Last week I read THIS news article and was wondering if any of you had any info on it; or if you know if it actually did happen today :confused:

Guest proudpapa

It did medium speed taxi on Monday and this morning. We can see it on a live webcam in the run station now & it looks like it's getting ready to go out for a high speed run now.

The weather's good, but probably won't lift off until later this week. Being very careful; real important first flight, don't you know!

Guest dschmitz

okay, sorry to seem dumb, but what was all that footage that's been on history channel and sorts. I always thought they had already test flown the F-35 because of all the inflight video. I'm confused

Guest proudpapa

Sorry, Stuck, it's only on our "intranet". Not much to see, just a high angle view of the run station. I understand that the flight itself will be delay-webcasted & released pretty quickly.

Yea, SB, as JS says we've only flown the prototypes. This one's the first of the development planes.

The hi-speed taxi completed yesterday. Rumor is a go for Thursday at 9 am, so keep an eye out Bear.

Guest proudpapa

Yes, it is.... although the prototypes hinged on the side. I couldn't find any releasable pictures with the canopy open. Even if I could figure out how to "screen grab" the webcam image, I probably shouldn't post it.

Guest proudpapa

New intel. This morning's flight is scrubbed. They're fitting a new air data probe & will probably make another taxi run today. Current rumor for 1st flight is @ 1:00 (13:00 MIL) Friday.

Is it really at 1? I was out there today trying to see the high speed taxi and a couple guys told me the flight was scheduled for Friday morning at 9am. This was at about 2pm today. Has it changed since then? I'd like to know because I'm going to take off work for this.

Guest proudpapa

Yea. It's been changed to 9am. Comm is very weak on this. Typical.

[ 15. December 2006, 07:25: Message edited by: proudpapa ]

Guest proudpapa

Webcam shows Beasley (test pilot) at the jet, suited up, getting pictures made with dignitaries, talking with chase pilots, etc. There’s what looks like a news camera & he’s being interviewed. I guess he’ll be climbing in soon to head out for the early part of the (currently) advertised 9:00 to 15:00 flight window. Might be time to mosey out to the flightline, T.Bear.

Guest proudpapa

As I understand it, there will be 3 chase planes, 2 F-16's & 1 F-18. The profile is for a 1-hr flight, speeds to 0.7M, AOA's to 15 deg, alt to 25K, and gear cycling.