Woo Hoo!! (what does it take)

zrooster99

I just wanted to let anyone who cares know, I finally got my PRK waiver after 6+ years of fighting including 3 visits to Brooks (after I got my pilot slot) 6 months as a HQ staff exec 5 months as a staff weenie :rolleyes: and extensive sweating and praying. Now the real work begins!

For those who are still fighting, never give up. I had 2 waivers approved and pulled. I had orders to Laughlin 3 times. I had 4 waivers disapproved. I applied to the AD UPT board 4 times before I was selected. I PCSed 4 times in the last 10 months (including 2 in San Antonio). I Took the AFOQT and BAT twice. I went into debit to build my piddly 163 hours, and so on. For all those wondering what it takes, there's a small run-down. Remember, it doesn't matter how many times they say no, they only have to say yes once for you to succeed. If anyone who is still trying to get there has any questions feel free to PM me and we'll swap e-mail addresses. If anyone is in XL 06-13, I'll see you there!

-G

I had a similar story:

I was told by a civilian doc, an AD recruiter and a guard Wing CC that I would not be able to be a pilot in the AF (each had a different reason why). I finally got a Reserve slot, but it got taken away. I got another slot and was then medically DQ'ed. I got a waiver for that, and here I am flying.

Don't ever give up and don't ever take "no" for a final answer.

[ 13. July 2005, 13:51: Message edited by: JS ]